05gt 11 gt500 drivetrain swap

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Starting a new project taking my 05 gt and installed a 2011 gt500 drivetrain (tranny-motor) I got the 2011 body harness and (CAN). I'm going to attempt what Lito did by combining the harnesses and making the stock 05 gauges work. So far the motor and tranny are in. They went very easy no the hard part comes (the wiring) Ive got the 05 stripped back to start swapping the wires around.

The car

I installed the epas rack

Motor and tranny installed

Last edited:

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score

Factory intercooler and pump and radiator all fit the bmr set up perfectly

Last edited:

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Well change of plans I'm switching to the 11 dash and wiring. I'll keep the 08 cobra seats.

URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/jkoogler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsltuulivf.jpg.html]
image_zpsltuulivf.jpg
[/URL]ans

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome, I'd so love to get a 2011-2014 GT500 engine and interier to swap into my 05.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
dang man lol my old car never be the same lol.

good luck I be down sometime to check it out.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
The body harness is in went pretty easy I had to cut the seat belt pins out of the old harness and soder the old to the new harness and the tailights I used the old tailights since they are updated led already so I soder them in and then headlights on new harness is HID and they car is already updated so I just cut the new harness and soder old HID harness to it. So far not bad. The door harness plugged into the 05 door harness. Does anyone know if the wires are the same? Can I 05 door panels with the 2011 dash?

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Three of my buddies in my car club have this swap done, it looks great and is very unique. Congrats on the swap and all the progress man, thats a big job.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back