So it begins... S197 to S550? Maybe?

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has attempted this or not. I know some guys have did the normal coyote swap and the 10-14 interior, but I'm in the process of converting my 05 5 speed to a 16 auto setup inside and out. Ill be trying to update the process as it goes of others to maybe attempt. Ive started off with a motor and tranny setup along with most of the interior pieces from a totaled car. Here is a few pics of getting started!

Rear Seats installed and working on the Fronts!

Hopefully going to start on the dash sometime tomorrow or the weekend.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Do the rear seats just bolt in? I'd be interested in swapping to a S197 body if I got smacked while driving my car, just so I could put non-amputees in the back seat.

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
Do the rear seats just bolt in? I'd be interested in swapping to a S197 body if I got smacked while driving my car, just so I could put non-amputees in the back seat.

Ehhh takes alittle modification. The top mounting bracket on the new ones has the bracket and bolt hole on the outside, where as the old style are on the inside. The bottom clip ins are spaced alittle different. I took the covers off the tops and bottoms and fit the new ones over the top and they actually bolted right up. But we did cut the bolt hole out alittle so we could slide the seats to adjust the gap like it needed. The bottoms had to cut a few holes in the 05 plastic seat mount and hook all the straps up with 1 or 2 being stapled down. Took out the child restraints and they actually fit and worked like normal.

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
How about the fronts? what was involved there?

the rear bracket bolts right up in the same spot. The front sits right on the hump of the floor pan so we built a bracket out of a 2inch piece of angle and bolted it to the original holes so it looks factory. These seats bolt straight down, where the originals actually bolted into the hump going aiming towards the back of the car.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
You doing door panels too?
I know the 2011-14 panels fit with a slight gap in the back.

Imagine the 2015+ door panels probably dont fit easily

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score

Little update on the car. Got everything out and laying the new wiring harness and fitting the dash with all the new ac from the 16

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Where did you get the totaled car from? I'm in the research phase of doing a similar type swap with a salvage donor car.

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
Where did you get the totaled car from? I'm in the research phase of doing a similar type swap with a salvage donor car.

Look into copart auctions and iaa auctions. You can download the apps and bid on them. Gotta know someone with a salvage license tho or buy yours. I think copart you can pay someone a couple hundred and use their license actually.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Look into copart auctions and iaa auctions. You can download the apps and bid on them. Gotta know someone with a salvage license tho or buy yours. I think copart you can pay someone a couple hundred and use their license actually.

Perfect thank you. I've been following copart auctions for a couple weeks now to know what the cars are going for.

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score

Did a firewall swap to use the new ac unit instead of just cutting and patching the stock one. Cut the ends off the new dash brace and replaced them with the old dash mounting hardware and got everything fitting pretty nicely. Swapped all the seat belts and starting the inside wiring and putting back of the interior tonight.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
In on results, can't imagine what kind of monster this thing will become. I'm waiting for someone to take a beat 05 v6 and swap in a s550 engine to make a troll sleeper

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back