F150 Coyote swap to 07 GT

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Motor, PCM and harness is from a 2012 F150. I plan on using the car's original 5spd trans for now. Going to try and finish the swap quickly as the car is a DD.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Dropped the motor, trans. and k-member out through the bottom yesterday, had it on the ground and separated the trans from it, took about 4 hrs. by myself.

Attachments

• CAM00224.jpg
    CAM00224.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 94

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Don't the F150 coyotes have different cams?

Intake is different (less lift) and exhaust is the same. F150 also has a different intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, oil filter adapter, timing cover, oil pump (thinner gears), and 10.5:1 compression instead of 11:1. Everything but the CR is an easy fix.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Had to transfer the pilot bearing and spacer and pick up 2 more flywheel bolts (coyote flywheels are 8 bolt). My clutch bolted right up to the Coyote flywheel. I used the old plum Bob trick using a thin piece of wire and weight to get the holes of the k-member lined up with bolts and holes of the body, lowered the car down on to the motor and trans. Motor is in.

Attachments

• CAM00230.jpg
    CAM00230.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 48
  • CAM00234.jpg
    CAM00234.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 51

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Spacer allows for 3650 input shaft and pilot -> 5.0 flywheel? Neat.

Did your 4.6 give up the ghost on you or is this just a big upgrade?

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Had to transfer the pilot bearing and spacer and pick up 2 more flywheel bolts (coyote flywheels are 8 bolt). My clutch bolted right up to the Coyote flywheel. I used the old plum Bob trick using a thin piece of wire and weight to get the holes of the k-member lined up with bolts and holes of the body, lowered the car down on to the motor and trans. Motor is in.

Congrats!

Pilot bearing is the same for mod motors. I didn't use spacers or anything like that during my swap.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
How much would it be for the oil gears and intake?

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I reused my a/c compressor, it bolted right in place of where the coyote a/c was, this is great news because my a/c lines reconnected without any fabrication, belt lined up perfectly and the electrical connector was the same. I did have to bend the aluminum suction line just a little bit because it wanted to hit the big 4 valve head.

Attachments

• CAM00238.jpg
    CAM00238.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 40

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score

It was going through water like a thirsty camel, blown head gasket or cracked head. When I tear it down I'll find out for sure.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I reused my a/c compressor, it bolted right in place of where the coyote a/c was, this is great news because my a/c lines reconnected without any fabrication, belt lined up perfectly and the electrical connector was the same. I did have to bend the aluminum suction line just a little bit because it wanted to hit the big 4 valve head.

so does this mean the f150s have a different mounting location/bracket than the mustangs? Everyone else that's done the swap has stated that they've had to fab up new lines and get a PBH bracket if they wanted to reuse their 3v a/c compressor.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
so does this mean the f150s have a different mounting location/bracket than the mustangs? Everyone else that's done the swap has stated that they've had to fab up new lines and get a PBH bracket if they wanted to reuse their 3v a/c compressor.

I don't believe so, but the F150 engine has a different belt routing. We were talking today and his AC compressor has a tensioner near it, while the Mustang doesn't.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just been taking my time repinning the one PCM connector, up to pin 46 of 70. Fuel system was pretty easy using the late model vette fuel filter/ pressure regulator (thanks Dylan for the tip). Pedal assembly, oil filter adapter and upper rad hose should be here tomorrow, I used parts of my 07 hose and the F150 hose to make the lower hose..I can tell that the wiring for the A/C andFuel pump driver module will have to be modified to be operational.

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Just been taking my time repinning the one PCM connector, up to pin 46 of 70. Fuel system was pretty easy using the late model vette fuel filter/ pressure regulator (thanks Dylan for the tip). Pedal assembly, oil filter adapter and upper rad hose should be here tomorrow, I used parts of my 07 hose and the F150 hose to make the lower hose..I can tell that the wiring for the A/C andFuel pump driver module will have to be modified to be operational.

Lito can help you with the AC, it's pretty easy, but I don't want to give away his secrets. I don't think we touched the FPDM, just grounded the fuel pump under the back seat. The FDPM them just delivered power to the pump when the key is on. Remind me tonight and I'll take a look at how I have everything wired up.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
With the F150 oil cooler the oil filter hits the rad support so I ordered the mustang oil filter adapter only to find out that the adapter hits the timing cover (that sucks, not about to buy the mustang timing cover) so I removed the oil cooler portion and found that the oil filter barely contacts the timing cover and alternator, so I broke out the grinder to make a little room, long story short it worked !

Attachments

• CAM00256.jpg
    CAM00256.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 41
  • CAM00259.jpg
    CAM00259.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 41
  • CAM00258.jpg
    CAM00258.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back