11 inch wide wheels

carolinachill

Reaction score
I am looking for a good source for 18 x 11 wheels for my 2014 GT. Planning on running CAM autocross with 315 BFG rivals. I have heard that the wait time on forgestar is very long. What is the correct offset and back space for 18 x 11? I will have MCS coilovers and 3 degrees negative camber in front to help with clearance. Just moved to a mustang after spending years in a street mod Subaru and any advice would be helpful.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I am looking for a good source for 18 x 11 wheels for my 2014 GT. Planning on running CAM autocross with 315 BFG rivals. I have heard that the wait time on forgestar is very long. What is the correct offset and back space for 18 x 11? I will have MCS coilovers and 3 degrees negative camber in front to help with clearance. Just moved to a mustang after spending years in a street mod Subaru and any advice would be helpful.
Apex wheels sells a mustang specific 18x11. The EC-7 model.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Forgestars from Vorshlag.

Note that the fitment is different front and back. So you cannot rotate tires from front to back without debeading and remounting them.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I'd go with the Forgestars from Vorshlag.

Note that the fitment is different front and back. So you cannot rotate tires from front to back without debeading and remounting them.
He doesn't seem to want to wait on forgestars.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We have options other than Forgestar. The next least expensive is about $180 (for white) or $360 (for custom colors) more per set, including shipping, than Forgestar with a 3-week turnaround.

Beyond that it starts getting pricey.

The Braid Motorsports 18x10 with concave face is pictured here. The 18x11 looks the same.
rmain-M.jpg

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Meh. If you don't have the time to do something right, when are you going to have the time to fix it?
True. Apex wheels are tracked a plenty, though.

This coming from a Forgestar owner

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The Forgestar cracks and other failures worry me to the point I'd look for a different brand

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Forgestar cracks and other failures worry me to the point I'd look for a different brand

What "other failures"?

The one case of that idiot child with the S2000 turned out to be the fact that he hadn't ever inspected his wheels and was running over curbs nonstop.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
What "other failures"?

The one case of that idiot child with the S2000 turned out to be the fact that he hadn't ever inspected his wheels and was running over curbs nonstop.

These two cracks/failures over on "Corner Ponies" on Facebook recently.

Forgestar_crack1.jpg

Forgestar_crack2.jpg

Champale

forum member
Reaction score
Not to start any controversy but I bent two Forgestar CF5s on a pothole on the freeway 2 years ago. I had waited months for my custom matte gunmetal 19x10 ET41 square setup to arrive and only had them on for a couple of months before the incident. Granted, we had been having a monsoon-like spring and the roads here had been torn up because of it, but I have never bent a wheel on any vehicle before or since.

1 wheel was unrepairable and the wait for 3+ months to get a new one made to same specs so I ended up buying a whole different set of wheels.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Oh god, here we go. For track vehicles, wheels are a consumable. Are Forged (ie forgelines) wheels preferable? Yes. At 1000/wheel? Not for me.

And Gabe, that 2nd post about the silver CF5, the owner admitted he hit curbs and put those wheels through "hellacious" treatment.

Nowadays, with social media, everyone is quick to bash companies and products. What you don't hear about are the 1000's of people who track their cars every weekend for years and don't have problems.

Good news isn't good enough for "clicks."

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What he said.

I also think it's funny, Gabe, that you just bought a set of cheap cast AMR wheels from me. :roflmao:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that second set I posted should not have cracked like that, that part of the wheel should be super strong.
The first set almost looks like it may have been impact damage, so whatever.

There are thousands of wheel models on the market, from literally hundreds of manufacturers.
Personally, for the money Forgestars are going for, I would want better.
And the whole waiting period thing, in this day and age, is unacceptable to me.

And Vince, those wheels are just sitting in my basement, no tires on them yet, still haven't decided what I'm gonna do with them yet. Contemplating changing the color and using them as a second summer set, or I may just re-sell them without ever using them.
I'm not going back onto the track this year, I have more important things going on for now, so the wheel situation is on the back burner.
Hell, I still can't get the car to go OBD-ready, I'm driving it on an expired May sticker trying to get it to reset.
Thinking about trading it in actually

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that second set I posted should not have cracked like that, that part of the wheel should be super strong.
Rotary-forging only applies to the barrel. Safe to assume that the spokes are as-cast.

IIRC, the CF5 is a lighter wheel than the F14 in any given diameter x width, which implies that the CF5 is better suited to autocross than HPDE.

Norm

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running 315 Hoosiers on 18x10.5" Enkei PF01's that I bought through Sam Strano (stranoparts.com). I'm pretty happy with them so far, but I've only done two events with them, so it's a bit early to judge longevity. I'm also using MCS shocks with ~3deg camber, and I needed 1/2" wheel spacers (purchased from Cortex) to make them work. With only 5mm spacers, the tire would hit the shock pretty badly in off-camber turns and turns in which elevation changes a lot. They do make the tire stick out a little past the fenders, but with enough spring, it's not a big deal aside from aerodynamic concerns. With Rivals on an autocross course, you'll probably have less issues.

carolinachill

Reaction score
Big thanks to Jason McDaniel @ Vorshalg for helping me find the 18 x 11 wheels with the correct offset. Going with Braid wheels they now offer!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back