April 2010 Car Of The Month: TurboPete

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Congrats! I love how clean of a look your car has!

spyder7724

Reaction score
congrats pete the car is clean and mean to say the least. Best of all i like the fact that it's not stripped out and is obviously a 9sec. street car that you can drive...in comfort.

Preston951

Foglight delete kit!
Reaction score
Incredible car! Great work, TurboPete. I have to ask... What kind of spoiler do you have?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Talk about a sleeper. Great looking car. Congrats.

congrats pete the car is clean and mean to say the least. Best of all i like the fact that it's not stripped out and is obviously a 9sec. street car that you can drive...in comfort.

These were a couple of my thoughts as well.

I love all the hard core drag racers because they give me ideas that I can use and/or modify to make my "street" car faster, but ultimately I strive for just that; a street car. And when I say street car I have a pretty strict definition, and judging by your race weight, I would venture to guess that yours fits even my criteria.

Beautiful tastefully modded and SICK fast car. Sincere congrats :beer:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Incredible car! Great work, TurboPete. I have to ask... What kind of spoiler do you have?

Its a 3 piece 3D Carbon .

These were a couple of my thoughts as well.

I love all the hard core drag racers because they give me ideas that I can use and/or modify to make my "street" car faster, but ultimately I strive for just that; a street car. And when I say street car I have a pretty strict definition, and judging by your race weight, I would venture to guess that yours fits even my criteria.

Beautiful tastefully modded and SICK fast car. Sincere congrats :beer:

Thank You all for your comments.

When I 1st started this project I wanted the car to be driven like a stock mustang yet be able to put up some serious #s in the 1/4 mile .
Hence the reason behind two key factors , (1) Turbo and (2) A fully Automatic Tranny. Since there is no way a 5r55s could be reliable enough at this power level I turned to ATF for the tranny.
The car is full weight even has a Audio System with 2 amps. Stock K-member , but thats coming out this week for a BMR K-Member since I had to replace the oil pump and pick up tube.
Before my trip to Bradenton I went to a test and tune at PBIR in West Palm Beach Fl, thats a 110 miles one way for me leaving my house here in Miami. Drove up took air ouut of the tires and made a 10.10 pass @ 135.xx
I made that trip to prove a point to a friend here in Miami .
I can cruise at 70 mph with overdrive and lock up and my rpm's are around 2000.
Now my goal is to run 9.60s on boost before I hit the 75 shot .
I think within the next 2 months if I can get to the track and conditions are good I should be really close .
Would be very cool to say I have a 4000 lb street car that can run 9.20s with a 75 shot.

Again Thanks everyone for the compliments , it motivates me to push a little harder now. :thumb:

Pete

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're car is very nice! Along with it looking great, the thing gets up and goes as well! Congrats!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back