The twin turbo build begins...

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm still in the planning stages, but I do have some of the details worked out.

two ball bearing 76mm units from Precision

Large air to water intercooler placed in the driver compartment with ice tank remaining in trunk

Custom sheet metal intake manifold

Full race ported GT500 heads with Titanium intake valves and Inconel exhaust valves. Jesel followers and lash adjusters. Custom valve springs.

Block and cylinder head machined for dual steel o-rings with copper head gaskets

Custom turbo cams

2011 Aluminum 5.4 block filled with epoxy with steel sleeves and dry deck. Stock 3.552 bore and 4.165 stroke

Custom lightened billet steel crank with center counterweights

Aluminum rods with ARP hardware

External pump wet sump oiling system

Custom front and mid motor plates

Custom turbo headers and hot and cold side piping

Planning to rev the motor to 9000 rpm on the shift

I'm keeping my current Powerglide. It has a JW Ultra Case and Tailhousing. I'm running a converter from Bradco that I'm gonna have restalled for the current build.

I'm undecided on fuel at this point. I'm either gonna run Q16 or switch over to alcohol. I'm gonna switch over to a mechanical pump and continue using one of the A1000 fuel pumps to prime the system. -10AN feed line and -8AN return line. I'm looking at getting a set of 220 lb/hr injectors, but I may have to go bigger if I make the switch to alcohol.

I guess I'm also gonna have to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 25.2 or 25.4 cage. I might be able to get the car's weight down enough to qualify for the 25.2, but I doubt it.

It's also time to install twin parachutes I guess.

I'm striving to have this build done by March or April if funds allow, but I definitely want to have it done by next Fall.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Matt, that is a hell of a build, good luck and i know we all wait in anticipation for pics and progress

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit......cha ching cha ching. Nice list. What are u shooting for for an et.

High 7s for now. Sometime down the road I plan to swap out to a larger set of turbos. I'd like to get into Outlaw 10.5 racing, but I'd really need a big sponsor for that.

Synister500

Reaction score
Matt, I posted the 2.9 for sale today. When sells I'll be coming up from Bowling Green to get the 4.0 if its still available.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
what do you do for a living? lol

Good Luck with the build man can't wait to see it finished!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Right on, this setup is easily capable of making the HP for a 7 second ride. You not f'n around anymore I see. I would like to see this thing run in person next summer. That would be an aggressive build timeline, but its doable.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to make a cash donation, the build can be done a lot sooner, lol

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I am willing to start out the donation jar with 1 dollar. Make that 97 cents after paypal fee is taken out! haha

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Every little bit helps, but I really hate to let Paypal have that 3 cents, lol

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
haha man I may have come down and see this beast run once you get her finished. I'm from southern IL

probercr93

Banned
Reaction score
Bad ass build. Just throwing this out there. I can make the build a little easier on your pocket with a great price on a set of 76mm comp turbo's. Probably knock at least $1000 off your build. :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back