The twin turbo build begins...

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Started stripping it down. Getting ready to take it to the chassis shop for some minor changes, lol

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday when I was working on the car at the shop, some old man walked past and commented, "Somebody cut up a perfectly good car." I guess he didn't realize that it was my car. I should have said, "You haven't seen nothin' yet old man."

I can't count the number of times that people have made similar comments.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if he only knew this is only the beginning--its going to get alot worse before it gets better.

When its done you should take the old man for a ride.

Just make sure what you are doing to the car is what you want. I had some similar comments with regards to the engine swap--as I could go just as fast or faster with a FI mod motor. But I didn't want an FI mod motor, I wanted to mix an old school motor with a new body. Its just what I wanted due to a variety of reasons.

You don't need to justify what your doing to anybody.....except maybe the wife!! Haha. Plus people not into our hobby never understand this stuff anyway.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
There is never any hope of actually justifying it to the wife...just gotta do it first then beg for forgiveness later

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck and I really look forward to seeing the results.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a link to another S197 car that had a 25.3 cage installed along with mini-tubs. My car will be taken a few steps beyond that car with a full back-half including carbon fiber wheel tubs, carbon fiber tranny tunnel, carbon fiber floor pans, 4-link rear suspension, fab 9 housing, lexan windows, and possibly a carbon fiber trunk lid and spoiler.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356046

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Matt no fucking around. I hope to see the finished product in person some day.

400 from where? Tube chasis? :omfg:

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
The haters are gonna love these pics.

100_1971.jpg
I had previously cut out the crash brace. The window glass, window track, window motor, and mechanism have been removed. The piece of steel bar stock is being used as a straight edge for the plasma cutter.

100_1974.jpg
I left enough material to re-mount the factory door panel.

100_1976.jpg

100_1973.jpg

I saved a total of 45 pounds today. A small amount of that will go back in when the Lexan is installed.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you do me a big favor and pay attention to how much the factory glass weighs that you remove, and how much weight the Lexan saves.

I supposed you are replacing everything with Lexan, including the windshield, backwindow, in addition to the door glass?

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Damn dude you are CRAZY!!!!!!!!! BUT I like it...You have some major nuts to pull this shit off! And a fat wallet!!! Can't wait to see all this unfold

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I left enough material to re-mount the factory door panel.

100_1973.jpg

I saved a total of 45 pounds today. A small amount of that will go back in when the Lexan is installed.

Geezus. Matt D aint got nothin on you unless he did this as well.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity...not to pry...but why did you choose a gt500 to do this to. i mean its fucking awesome, and is gonna be lightning fast but you could have started with a '10 gt and saved yourself 30k....was it the only stang you had laying around lol? unless your that big pimpin. but anyway im sub'in cause it is gonna be sick.

blackmustang12

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ I am with him. I am in Ky also and would like to meet you and shake your hand for having the biggest set of balls ever. lol Bad ass build for sure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back