2nd Annual 5.0 Shootout date!!!!!!

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We are happy to announce that the 2012 5.0 Shootout will be taking place on Monday Sept. 24th @ Maryland International Raceway in Buddscreek, Maryland.

This event is open to anyone with a 2011-2013 5.0 Mustang. Also we will be having a class for Coyote swapped Fords of any variety.

This will be straight Heads up racing and we will have the track open for test and tune inbetween rounds just like last year.

As a participant you will be racing with/against some of the top shops in the country!!

The event will be covered exclusively by 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Magazine!!!

We have also added a class called Shop Wars. We are gonna put an end to all of the different shops smack talking about dyno numbers or "well it ran this once" blah, blah, blah. Run what ya brung, Heads up, no back halfed or tube chassis cars. Put it all on line and see who comes out on top!!!!

There is a lot more to follow including cash prizes for the winners, some of the countrys top vendors on hand and some surprises!!!!!

Stay tuned for more info and class rules.

Thanks

Adam
Rev Auto

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
What are the details? Do we have to let anyone know we are coming or just show up? We would like to bring the winner and runner up if that's ok. Let me know.

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
2nd Annual 5.0 Shootout 830AM-5PM

Brought to you by

Revolution Automotive
Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce that the 2012 5.0 Shootout will be taking place on Monday September 24th @ Maryland International Raceway in Buddscreek, Maryland.

This event is open to anyone with a 2011-2013 5.0 Mustang. And those with Coyote swapped Ford vehicles

As a participant you will be racing with/against some of the top shops in the country!!!
Also the event will be covered exclusively by 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Magazine!!!

http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/6775336/miscellaneous/join-us-on-september-24th-2012-at-mir-in-budds-creek-maryland/

This is a grass roots style shootout, with multiple classes.

Naturally Aspirated street
Production 2011-2013 GT or Boss
3500# min weight with driver
Full interior
Factory 6spd man or auto trans
Dot tires
Mufflers and tailpipes required

Power adder street
Production 2011-2013 GT or Boss
3650# min weight with driver
Full interior
Limited to one power adder
Factory 6spd man or auto trans
Dot tires
Mufflers and tail pipes required

Unlimited class Naturally Aspirated
Production 2011-2013 GT, Boss and factory CobraJet racecars
Must be a 5.0 4v "Coyote" based engine
3100 min weight
Any trans allowed
No mini tubed or back halved cars
Full slicks allowed

SHOP WARS Unlimited class Power adder
Production 2011-2013 Gt, Boss and factory CobraJet racecars
Must be a 5.0 4v "Coyote" based engine
3250 min weight
Any trans allowed
No mini tubbed or back halved cars
Full slicks allowed

Coyote swap class Naturally Aspirated
Any year Ford based vehicle with a Coyote swapped engine.
Any intake and exhaust allowed
Any trans and rear allowed
No restrictions on tune or engine management
Mufflers required
Full slicks allowed
3150 min weight

We will be running a heads up format.

Even with the class racing going on we will have a test and tune running all day for all Ford models. Plus if you get eliminated you can still run the test and tune lanes.

Gates open at 8:30am

The racing will be from 9am-5pm.

Racers fee is $100.

Since this is a private track rental there is room for crew members but we are limited to 2-3 people max for each racer. If you are coming down just to spectate and are not with a participating racer you will be charged a $10 fee.

MIR is an IHRA participating track. All of their rules and safety measures will be enforced.

For more track details, check out their website.

http://www.mirdrag.com/

It is loaded with great information including directions, pictures, hotel accommodations, etc.

Here is your chance to race against some of the top Mustangs in the country. And as a bonus you will have a shot at national media coverage via 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords magazine!

Don't miss out!

There will be plenty of information coming, including payment arrangements, race day schedule, and CASH payouts.

If there are any questions feel free to email them to:

[email protected]

Thanks
Adam Browne
www.RevAutoRacing.com

www.Mustang50magazine.com

http://www.mirdrag.com/

See More

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like we will be on the ET streets again in the N/A street class defending our win from last year.

Looking forward to it.

JJ

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
I put in for vacation on the 24th and 25th just for this. I have no chance to compete with the big dogs but I will run anyway!

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
What are the details? Do we have to let anyone know we are coming or just show up? We would like to bring the winner and runner up if that's ok. Let me know.

Ken that's a nice thought, but you guys don't have to drive all the way up here to tow our car down to MIR for us. We have a truck and trailer :omfg:

:roflmao:

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ken that's a nice thought, but you guys don't have to drive all the way up here to tow our car down to MIR for us. We have a truck and trailer :omfg:

:roflmao:

oh-snap.gif

I may have to take off work and participate. wonder which class to run!!

Power adder street :roflmao:

We are running the street class in case you didn't know. :)

come on Ken give the privateers a chance..... :beer:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
oh-snap.gif

Power adder street :roflmao:

come on Ken give the privateers a chance..... :beer:

That's now how I look at it. I will give all the guys that gave up on the way Ford built the car and ripped out the stock trans and made race cars of them a chance to play in their own sandbox. I think it would be rude of me to run that class. How would you feel if you stripped your car, put a race trans in and still got beat by a stock trans/heavy car. I do have a heart.

I'll stick to going the fastest with how 99% of everyone else who has a 2011+ Mustang has their car setup. Stock trans, stock weight (plus more) A/C etc.

BUT, I don't see why we can't line up the winner of the Street Power adder class with the winner of the Shop Wars class. The result may be different than you think....

(did I do good? brushing up on my smack :) )

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That's now how I look at it. I will give all the guys that gave up on the way Ford built the car and ripped out the stock trans and made race cars of them a chance to play in their own sandbox. I think it would be rude of me to run that class. How would you feel if you stripped your car, put a race trans in and still got beat by a stock trans/heavy car. I do have a heart.

I'll stick to going the fastest with how 99% of everyone else who has a 2011+ Mustang has their car setup. Stock trans, stock weight (plus more) A/C etc.

BUT, I don't see why we can't line up the winner of the Street Power adder class with the winner of the Shop Wars class. The result may be different than you think....

(did I do good? brushing up on my smack :) )
You should run in the shop wars category cause I mean it really is a shop car right....and by definition I believe in this case that "privateer" means someone who doesn't get to work on the car as there job.......no disrespect lol. That being said that Lund car is gonna be really hard to beat in the street class......unless Chris shows up. I just hope I get to see the tt run. I really wanna see it run. Also you guys gonna do kots with the tt beast.....it would be hard to beat.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back