2nd Annual 5.0 Shootout date!!!!!!

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
You should run in the shop wars category cause I mean it really is a shop car right....and by definition I believe in this case that "privateer" means someone who doesn't get to work on the car as there job.......no disrespect lol. That being said that Lund car is gonna be really hard to beat in the street class......unless Chris shows up. I just hope I get to see the tt run. I really wanna see it run. Also you guys gonna do kots with the tt beast.....it would be hard to beat.

So we should run a 3,800 lb street car with a stock trans against 3200 lb race cars with transbrakes? I've been racing a long time, I don't know any racer that would like to see that matchup. Totally different cars. Our car is easy for anyone to duplicate and drive it everyday to work. It belongs in the street class. If we were lucky enough to win, we would be more than happy to line up against the winning race car for a Street vs. Race battle. I'd love to build an all out car for the Shop Wars class but right now I'm concentrating on building street cars. I don't think you should make classes by who owns the car. It should be based on what type of car it is. And that is how the rules read. Dave brought in the word 'privateer'.

Also, Coffeeman is running the street class. Don't count him out. We haven't been talking too much about him. But that's not because it's not running good....

Last edited:

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
That's now how I look at it. I will give all the guys that gave up on the way Ford built the car and ripped out the stock trans and made race cars of them a chance to play in their own sandbox. I think it would be rude of me to run that class. How would you feel if you stripped your car, put a race trans in and still got beat by a stock trans/heavy car. I do have a heart.

I'll stick to going the fastest with how 99% of everyone else who has a 2011+ Mustang has their car setup. Stock trans, stock weight (plus more) A/C etc.

BUT, I don't see why we can't line up the winner of the Street Power adder class with the winner of the Shop Wars class. The result may be different than you think....

(did I do good? brushing up on my smack :) )

That's cool but you of all people should know how hard it is to make these stick shift cars work... Plus the fact that the MT82 couldn't survive in a 300 hp car let alone 1000 hp. Its fair to call it(our car) what you want though. Take away the wrap and no more of a "race car" then anyone else..... Maybe we can put on a big air to water intercooler and ice tank like you guys and really run some numbers. :omfg: you know these stock Air to Air paxton intercoolers aren't all that. i think alpha one would be a good "street" car since thats the real production kit

(its all in good fun right ken? you know we(jpc) can smack talk. We have Tommy coaching us :roflmao:)

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I can't make it this year, but I'll be ready for next to make a good showing in power adder street. Do twins fit into single power adder?

Last edited:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
So we should run a 3,800 lb street car with a stock trans against 3200 lb race cars with transbrakes? I've been racing a long time, I don't know any racer that would like to see that matchup. Totally different cars. Our car is easy for anyone to duplicate and drive it everyday to work. It belongs in the street class. If we were lucky enough to win, we would be more than happy to line up against the winning race car for a Street vs. Race battle. I'd love to build an all out car for the Shop Wars class but right now I'm concentrating on building street cars. I don't think you should make classes by who owns the car. It should be based on what type of car it is. And that is how the rules read. Dave brought in the word 'privateer'.

Also, Coffeeman is running the street class. Don't count him out. We haven't been talking too much about him. But that's not because it's not running good....

Yeah ken I'm not really trying to get in a pissing match either. It's just I hate when the word "street car" is thrown around. Don't get me wrong, that tt car is a work of art, the kit was made awesome, and most importantly the car is tuned by some of the best and technically it is a street car....but other than the tuning, which IMO is the only real science, all it takes is money. When I see shops(not that u have) brag so absurdly about building the biggest and baddest and fastest street car, all that means to me is they had a customer that didn't mind spending 30-60k on top of the car to build something fast. It's really not like a mystery what goes fast, and almost everyone on here with unlimited funds could build one....my point is, there was no expense spared on Jon's car, and well...it's a shop car so it can be and should be in the shop car class. Not to mention, it could win and I can't think of anything better than a street car beating a "track" car. No disrespect, I'm just giving the car mad respect.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah ken I'm not really trying to get in a pissing match either. It's just I hate when the word "street car" is thrown around. Don't get me wrong, that tt car is a work of art, the kit was made awesome, and most importantly the car is tuned by some of the best and technically it is a street car....but other than the tuning, which IMO is the only real science, all it takes is money. When I see shops(not that u have) brag so absurdly about building the biggest and baddest and fastest street car, all that means to me is they had a customer that didn't mind spending 30-60k on top of the car to build something fast. It's really not like a mystery what goes fast, and almost everyone on here with unlimited funds could build one....my point is, there was no expense spared on Jon's car, and well...it's a shop car so it can be and should be in the shop car class. Not to mention, it could win and I can't think of anything better than a street car beating a "track" car. No disrespect, I'm just giving the car mad respect.

I completely disagree. My shop built Vinny Barber's car over 3 years ago to take the 3V record. Yes, a lot of money was spent. But there have been people spending just as much or more to beat that record. No one has beat it yet. And the only ones I know of that are close have Twins. Vinny had a single turbo.

We hold all the Shelby Records. No one has come close.

We hold all the 5.0 records, lots of money spent by others. We still have all the records.

And it's not just tuning. It's the complete package. Shops like Evolution and Power by the Hour just get it right first time out and make it look easy. If all it takes is money, then everyone else must be BROKE.

And I COMPLETELY disagree that no expense was spared on Jon's car. His turbos retail for $799. He has a stock rear end, stock transmission. Jon's car has less money in it than most of the other fast cars by quite a bit I would guess. When Jon's car set the records it had our standard kit plus the ice tank, built engine and torque converter and fuel system. That's it. Anyone on this board can take that recipe and repeat what we did.

I'm not getting in a pissing match either. Just stating the facts. It's easy to dismiss accomplishments as 'bought'. Lots of other people have tried to 'buy' the same success and have fallen short.

There are some very good shops out there, and tuners. Not taking anything away from them either. But to dismiss the accomplishments above as 'easy with money' is ignorant.

Why would you even say 'technically' a street car? Why use the word technically? There is nothing about this car that makes it any less of a street car than a stock car.

And finally....

Not to mention, it could win and I can't think of anything better than a street car beating a "track" car. No disrespect, I'm just giving the car mad respect.

EXACTLY. So we will establish as a street car by entering it in the street class where people won't mistake it as a race car. We are not taking a race car and changing how it is setup to fit the class. We run this car the same way everytime. Drag Radials, 3,800 lbs, stock transmission. Then hopefully if we are lucky enough to win that class, we will be more than happy to prove it vs a race car. But like I said before, don't count out Coffeeman, or Chris if he runs the street class (he should) or anyone else. I'm sure other people are coming out swinging in the street class. I think the name is throwing you off. lol

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Not all of them. :omfg: :clap:
Sometimes it takes very little money to set a record.

JJ

Sorry JJ. I meant the quickest overall. After I said that I realized that there are many many records that we all keep track of. Should have been more specific.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
That's cool but you of all people should know how hard it is to make these stick shift cars work... Plus the fact that the MT82 couldn't survive in a 300 hp car let alone 1000 hp.
You're the ones who choose the stick, not me. lol
Its fair to call it(our car) what you want though. Take away the wrap and no more of a "race car" then anyone else..... Maybe we can put on a big air to water intercooler and ice tank like you guys and really run some numbers.

Again, you are pointing out your bad decision making, not me. :clap: lol But thank you for pointing out our kit comes with the best intercooler standard.

i think alpha one would be a good "street" car since thats the real production kit

It's exactly the same setup that is on Jon's car besides the ice tank. When you add an ice tank to a Shelby does that not make it the same kit anymore? Alpha 1 may be at the shootout.
(its all in good fun right ken?

It will be for me because we will be faster. If you think that will be fun for you, then yes, it's 'all in good fun'. :omfg:

Last edited:

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry JJ. I meant the quickest overall. After I said that I realized that there are many many records that we all keep track of. Should have been more specific.

No worries Ken I was just busting your chops. :) LOL

You guys have some great accomplishments no doubt and I think most all of us that make these cars go faster, no matter what combination we choose to do so, take great pride in doing so and thats a good thing because it benefits the consumer. :clap:

See you guys soon,

JJ

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I completely disagree. My shop built Vinny Barber's car over 3 years ago to take the 3V record. Yes, a lot of money was spent. But there have been people spending just as much or more to beat that record. No one has beat it yet. And the only ones I know of that are close have Twins. Vinny had a single turbo.
Correct. Your old shop built Vinnies car that currently holds the record (not for long) for the 3v with a big stuff 3 ( 8.45 right )
We currently and will probably forever hold the 3v STOCK Electronics record with JB's car 8.48 :clap: (There's 1 you don't have, could you imagine what that would have ran with a BS3)
GTRO is going to crush the 3v record in about a month been 8.55 on it's second time out so soon enough and that's a Single Turbo :oops1:

Do Coyote stock motors count for stock long block records? It's stocker than stock?

I need a list of these records because I already know of some that we still hold.

We hold all the 5.0 records, lots of money spent by others. We still have all the records.
I thought we were talking facts? This is complete fiction :omfg:

And I COMPLETELY disagree that no expense was spared on Jon's car. His turbos retail for $799. He has a stock rear end, stock transmission. Jon's car has less money in it than most of the other fast cars by quite a bit I would guess. When Jon's car set the records it had our standard kit plus the ice tank, built engine and torque converter and fuel system. That's it. Anyone on this board can take that recipe and repeat what we did.
It's amazing what turbo's (plural) can do, no denying that. Unfortunately we'll have a bunch of single power adder cars there so I don't know if we'll be in the same class.

I'm not getting in a pissing match either. Just stating the facts. It's easy to dismiss accomplishments as 'bought'. Lots of other people have tried to 'buy' the same success and have fallen short.
Let's keep this to facts please, this thread has already strayed away from the reason of the thread which is a bad ass race.

There are some very good shops out there, and tuners. Not taking anything away from them either. But to dismiss the accomplishments above as 'easy with money' is ignorant.
YUPPPPPPPPPP

Why would you even say 'technically' a street car? Why use the word technically? There is nothing about this car that makes it any less of a street car than a stock car.
It is a street car just like Justin's is a street car. If Justin's car can survive Myrtle Beach traffic and O.C. crusin' week traffic which is crazy then enough said.

EXACTLY. So we will establish as a street car by entering it in the street class where people won't mistake it as a race car.
You have 2 power adders on the gray car so you will be taking one off to run the street class EH

Last edited:

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Any hope for us broke-ass bolt on guys? Maybe a class for cars driven to the track then driven home?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
popcorn_2.gif

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
You have 2 power adders on the gray car so you will be taking one off to run the street class EH

My local heads up org allows twin turbos and considers them a single power adder which is why I asked above. They consider dual adder blower+nitrous, turbo/s + nitrous etc.

And in general on the money/cost of building a car to be competitive in heads up racing, it will never be cheap. We'd all be faster with more money, but it also comes down to knowledge and time as well...wallet being equal. Decisions on what motor setup, power adder, tuning, suspension tuning, driving method, other tricks etc do still come into play regardless of money.

Sure wish I could make it out this year for the event, would be cool to see the fastest coyote's in the country all running at the same event.

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
My local heads up org allows twin turbos and considers them a single power adder which is why I asked above. They consider dual adder blower+nitrous, turbo/s + nitrous etc.

It's a TWIN turbo. A single turbo is a power adders so would (2) of them mean you have TWO power adders.......

Just saying LOL

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
It's a TWIN turbo. A single turbo is a power adders so would (2) of them mean you have TWO power adders.......

Just saying LOL

Some orgs allow twins in single power adder classes and some don't which is why I thought it would be good to clarify. Hopefully I didn't start a shit storm with that question. If this event is to showcase what is available for these cars and what they can do I'd think twins should be allowed as there are a few companies offering kits now.

Personally I'm hoping somebody shows up with a huge nitrous setup to show what can be done with it on these motors. I dread the day somebody with half the money in their nitrous setup comes in and whoops my expensive setup at the track, gonna happen someday.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Some orgs allow twins in single power adder classes and some don't which is why I thought it would be good to clarify. Hopefully I didn't start a shit storm with that question. If this event is to showcase what is available for these cars and what they can do I'd think twins should be allowed as there are a few companies offering kits now.

Personally I'm hoping somebody shows up with a huge nitrous setup to show what can be done with it on these motors. I dread the day somebody with half the money in their nitrous setup comes in and whoops my expensive setup at the track, gonna happen someday.

This really isn't an organization. With singles power adder cars in classes with twins the twins usually are heavily penalized usually.

So what about twin superchargers? Could you fab up twin blowers and be good to go?
575576_290737364334557_1094060290_n.jpg

That's Awesome Adam!!!! It's great you've kept with this and making it happen for real!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back