07 S197 Coyote swap

lito

forum member
Reaction score
This is a project for a customer, all the work is being done at a friend's shop. He is doing must of the work and we are helping out with mods, custom parts and wiring.

In the box:

coyote1.jpg

In the car:

coyote2.jpg

coyote3.jpg

Today we started it up, before lining all the wiring up wanted to test some stuff, thankfully IC is working, think we have the A/C figured out but won't test until everything layed out, we are waiting on some cooling system stuff and see how we can solve the hydraulic steering thing, as expected SHM screwed the customer up. Hope to get the A/C, steering and VSS solved so to get the swap as close to the stock car as possible.

Once we getting going plan is whipple it.

Here is a TERRIBLE phone video (did not knew my phone recorded videos this bad) but you can see the tach working.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Very nice! Will be a beast and car show monster once the blower is on there! Right now, Coyote swaps get great reviews at car shows from what I've seen.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the compliments.

very nice

Did you got to test your IC?

so does the speedometer work as well?

Not as of now, we are going to try that over the week, coyote's OSS is 3 wire and our cars are 2. Need to test that but I think it will not be an PCM-IC link issue but an OSS sensor instead, don't know if we are going to get it working or how if we do yet but we are going to try.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ford control pack?

Are you using all 07 gauges?

Yes control pack and yes, the stock 07 cluster, take into account that basically only 3 of the gauges are PCM dependant. Only RPM has been checked as OSS is not connected and car has no coolant hoses still so did not want to get it warm.

Do you think the newer gauges might fit into the 05-09 gauge pod?

Don't know, we don't have 11+ over here, but after seeing how simple this is would not care over this as this can induce a lot of other issues on the rest of the MS CAN network devices (SJB, RCM, etc).

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Sub'd !!

I've been waiting for someone to do this swap and make a DD not just a track car.

Please keep us up to date on this project and good luck.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back