07 S197 Coyote swap

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Good work LITO.
I am watching this with great anticipation as my next motor down the road.:beer:

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Did you got to test your IC?

not yet,,,i will try this week,,,thank you for all your help

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Yes control pack and yes, the stock 07 cluster, take into account that basically only 3 of the gauges are PCM dependant. Only RPM has been checked as OSS is not connected and car has no coolant hoses still so did not want to get it warm.

Don't know, we don't have 11+ over here, but after seeing how simple this is would not care over this as this can induce a lot of other issues on the rest of the MS CAN network devices (SJB, RCM, etc).

Which 3 gauges are PCM dependent? Thanks for info. Maybe I'll go this route once more 5.0s get wrecked and the engines end up at salvage :clap:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Sub'd..

As for the gauges. They won't fit without modifications. As far as working actually working. I'm not a programmer, but the plugs are different.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Which 3 gauges are PCM dependent? Thanks for info. Maybe I'll go this route once more 5.0s get wrecked and the engines end up at salvage :clap:

Basically RPM, MPH & ECT.

The system is setup in a way that the IC is likely the most important piece of the CAN network, more than the PCM is, in our cars it act as bridge between controllers.

So it makes sense to leave the IC as it is.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
IC=Instrument Cluster
CAN= Controller Area Network, it is a data bus and protocol sets that interconnects different controllers on a network.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I was thinking of a carberated 427sb in the future but after pricing it I could have a 5.0 for less and be daily drivable with just as much or more power.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
sub's
this has crossed my mind as a possible route to take when i blow up the 3v.

I'm think I'd take it a step futher and install the dash from the 2011+ to get the gauges (and other items)to work using a stock 5.0 PCM and full harness.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I will have an update hopefully this week. Coolant hoses going in and setting up all the wiring.

We have not decided what to do with the steering, the solutions we have found so far won't allow to run a supercharger later on so we are still looking. Even considering switching k-member and installing an EPAS rack.

Boozshey

Reaction score
The problem with the damn EPAS is there is not tubular K-Member for it yet. You could modify the BMR I suppose...

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The problem with the damn EPAS is there is not tubular K-Member for it yet. You could modify the BMR I suppose...

Sure there is. :highfive:

KM018_image1_large.jpg

Boozshey

Reaction score
haha, damn it, i swear i just looked not but a few weeks ago!!!

Guess I know what I will be ordering when I get home... :)

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
This is awesome. What Transmission ? & What exactly was done to get the tach to work?

What chages were made as far as the fuel system goes?

Subd!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back