07 S197 Coyote swap

lito

forum member
Reaction score
This is awesome. What Transmission ? & What exactly was done to get the tach to work?

What chages were made as far as the fuel system goes?

Subd!!!!!!!!!!!

Stock 3650, just connect CAN bus and for now, stock pump hat modified for return with aeromotive regulator at the firewall.

Sure there is.

I PM'd you about this yesterday.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet, once this is complete I will have numrous other question, but for now I will just sit back & let yall do your thing.

Major props for doing this.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Subbed for the final results. This turns out nice I may be dumping this Big Bore and ordering me a RGR longblock Coyote.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
waiting to see final as well, should be amazing. Gotta a feeling your gonna be busy answering questions when done.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
No updates yet, hope to have more stuff for the end of the week.

Decision has been made to take the EPAS route, hope it works.

GerRod

forum member
Reaction score
Sub'ed

Lito, selling a 5.0 swap kit will make you a rich man. Figure it out and I'm in for one!!!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Nah, actually we are not making anything that can be sold, all the parts are there we are just trying stuff to get this rolling, pretty sure someone has already done this but just has not wrote about in a public forum, Matt was one of the first I've read, basically the only difference between this and his project is the final use, his is a racecar and this is not, I am pretty sure that if he wanted he would had his cluster working too. And after all is not that complicated, OTOH this is quite expensive but hopefully very worthy at the end.

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
big congrats for sure! Wondering about cost compared to 3v builds?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I have considered this instead of a built 3V. Is there anyway to get the 2011+ auto trans working?

Initially I don't see why not but you will need someone that know his way with wires and electrical upgrades, I would do it without getting the control pack as the PCM would not work, you would need all the harnesses that go to the PCM and mix wiring with the stock you have.

When we are done we will have a clear view of what works and what doesn't but for now the biggest issue is if you want your powersteering AND a supercharger as there are various options to solve the PS pump issue but none that would allow both.

Anyone that could fabricate stuff could maybe mod the bracketry(sp) of the supercharger installs and maybe swap a small PS pump, like the one SHM offers that is derived from GM/Daewoo cars.

big congrats for sure! Wondering about cost compared to 3v builds?

As it is being done is getting ridiculously high, a DIY would save a lot of money and someone that can machine its own stuff by having the supercharger at hand would do a better job as could solve the PS issue differently.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
TC is the biggest unknown (along EPAS, AC and a couple of things more) until I get to see the car again and we test calibration changes, ABS light is of but until we hit the road we won't know.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back