Whoooo Arrrreeeeeee Youuuuuuuu?????

John@Trackspec

Official Vendor
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks so much for the awesome link weather man! I've never seen that version or video. You gotta love that Pete Townshend, legendary stuff. I was going to do an intro in the intro section but looks like you guys beat me to it. My name is John and I am the sales and marketing manager for Trackspec Motorsports. As an mechanical engineer by trade, I have grown up on the race tracks on most of the east coast and now all along the west. At Trackspec, our focus has been mostly road racing set ups for American muscle cars. We have a good history of working with Corvette and Camaro set ups, but our bread and butter has always been with mustangs. I own 2 myself, an 05GT we use as the shop car and also an 89 Fox 347, maximum motorsports everything, etc. We have also been sponsors on sites such as corvetteforum.com, mustang forums.com, and camaro5.com. We decided to join s197forum to add some focus to what we feel is a very capable roadracing platform. In addition, I have been trolling around for a few weeks and noticed that this is a pretty tight, mature, and well humored community and thats why we decided to join. We want to be a part of a great forum community that is seeking information about the passion we all have in common while having fun at the same time!

We offer FREE SHIPPING on just about everything short of a freight shipped mild steel roll bar. In addition to the common brands that everyone carries, we are an authorized KONI dealer that has some of the best prices on Mustang KONI shocks on the market shipped. We are also RPM Roll bars #1 distributor in the US selling and supporting more NHRA legal roll bars than any other dealer. We work closely with a lot of our manufacturers to get our communities the best prices and products on the market.

In addition to products, we also offer track support by way of sponsorship packages if you SCCA/NASA road race, autocross, and even just do trackdays consistently. We ourselves are certified Track junkies with 25 years track experience between us.

Feel free to visit our website at www.trackspecmotorsports.com or email me direct at [email protected] with any questions or needs for your race build. If you don't see a product on our site, we can most likely get it. We are also on Facebook so go ahead and like us for build updates and sales.

Thank you so much for breaking the ice Weather man and Beast, we look forward to supporting your community and we will do out very best to add value to it!

John@Trackspec

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not trying to start a big deal here but do you guys fully endorse the rpm roll bars? I have seen that there are not the greatest from the manufacturer in the mounting department. I'm looking for street/nhra legality once I am at that point but I want to know I'm safe.
So who do you recommend? MM or RPM?

John@Trackspec

Official Vendor
Reaction score
06 saleen,
Absolutely. We only sell items that we truly believe in their performance and that includes RPM roll bars. RPM bars are some of the best quality roll bars available on the market from a looks, finish, and safety standpoint. They meet or exceed all NHRA requirements in design and we are very comfident in their safety. The designer and builder, Rob Mathis, has built and designed some of the fastest cars around in super comp, pro mod, alcohol funny car, etc. we are talking full tube chassis rail cars with a few thousand horses under the body. I've known Rob personally for several years and his work is awsome.

The RPM bars have been installed in some of the fastest street cars out there including many mustang builds. Lingenfelter, Shelby America, Hennessey, and many other top builders use the RPM roll bar solution for their top notch builds. They are also very popular at the Texas mile. With this type of support from top builders, the safety of the design has not really been in question....but a great question none the less.

With that bein said, we are also installing one in our road racing s197 that will see speeds in excess of 140+ so needless to say, we are confident in their design.

As for the MM vs RPM question, we sell both and their are pros and cons to each one. The RPM is literally NHRA legal as shipped, ready to install with no welding or painting needed. We ship these on a full freight pallet assembled and coated, ready to go. The RPM is an easier solution from an installation standpoint than the MM. The MM will require welding of the rear down bars and also fitting, removing, welding, coating which will be a bit more labor intensive/messy. They are both great roll bars but we have always favored the RPM in the roll bar department. They look like a factory installed option (we actually do have some dealers that add them to the invoice on new car purchases) and can be removed and sold fairly easily if and when that time comes. All these things do come at a higher entry cost for the RPM, but well worth it in our opinion. The swing outs are well designed and easily removable for the street. We even have a holder that you can install in the trunk to store the door bars when tooling around town.

Great question and thank you for the welcome!

John

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is your opinion on a roll cage when the car is just being street driven. The thought of the bar by my head without a helmet makes me nervous. Thoughts?

John@Trackspec

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Weather man,
This is one of our most common questions and probably the toughest one to answer since it comes down to personal preference. The key word you said was "just street driven." But again, the answer varies on personal preference since I would bet that for every street car out there with a roll bar, there is 1 race car that also has a roll bar. The difference in necessity between the two are obvious, but many people install them anyways for numerous reasons besides safety. I can also tell you that everyone at Trackspec has had the same question at some point in our lives lol!

Our opinion is this. A person that wants a roll bar in their 100% street driven car has to understand the risks that come with having one. In addition to understanding the potential head injury risks, they should also take steps in mitigating those risks by installing padding and fixed back seating so that in an event of an impact, movement is minimized and contact is padded compared to a metal bar. I don't think you would ever find a manufacturer or dealer that's would actually say "yes install a roll bar in a street car there are no potential risks"...and we wouldn't do that either. I would be more than happy to sell anyone a roll bar but at the same time, I would hope that whoever is buying one understands the risks and has plans to minimize them.

In a vehicle that sees track time and excessive speeds where a roll bar is necessary, roll protection is a no brainer. In addition, those individuals will be wearing helmets, harnesses, fixed back seating, Hans devices, etc so they will be protected appropriately.

Our shop car sees track time about 1-3 times a month and the rest of the time, it's street driven so I know exactly how you feel. But for us, the alternative of rolling over at speeds 100+ make a roll bar most necessary as we want to put ourselves in the best position for walking away in the event we had an accident on the track.

Sorry for the unclear answer but in the game of personal preference, there are no right or wrong answers. Just wanted to give you my honest opinion, I hope this helps.

John

John@Trackspec

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know I was so long winded! Ill try to keep my answers shorter ;)

John@Trackspec

Official Vendor
Reaction score
nice to see a road based sponsor on here

Awesome to know a road racing focused company is appreciated! We will be doing lots of special deals on stuff from Brake pads to Suspension to Trackday Events. Let us know if you need anything specific and I can dig up some good pricing for you guys. Stay tuned for some deals coming shortly!

John

Also "Like" us on Facebook too for cool track pics and deals.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back