Introducing April, my 2003 Porsche 911 (996.2)

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
$60 a month to insure that? What a deal!

When I was recently Corvette shopping, I called my insurance company about insuring a 2011 Grand Sport that I was looking at. It was ridiculous how much cheaper insurance was on those cars than on the Mustang. The lady with the insurance company had told me that in something like 8 years of working there, she had never seen a claim on a Corvette. My guess is because of the fact that most of them are rarely driven, garage queens, and I bet the same is true of the 911.

Anyway, as I have said before, beautiful car, Ryan. Just be careful in the rain! Sorry...too soon? :poke:

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
Why is the driver seat so far forward? Were you vacuuming out the back seat or something?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyway, as I have said before, beautiful car, Ryan. Just be careful in the rain! Sorry...too soon? :poke:[/QUOTE]

Wut, DR', rain and 70 mph is not a good idear? :omfg::omfg::omfg::helpme:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just read about an intermediate shaft bearing failure the 2000-2005 cars with the M96 engine are prone too. Sounds expensive if it happens. You probably know all about it, but I had to mention it. Happy new year!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ You're not suggesting German engineering can be flawed are you? That would be absolutely ludicrous..........to the Germans. LOL!

Money is no option for Porsche owners, so that shouldn't be a concern.

phorty

forum member
Reaction score
I have one of those as well - an 02 with a few fun parts. I don't think my IMS has been touched but no metal in oil at 100K miles. I'm 36 with two other mustangs and my wife has a van and I pay about $100/month for full coverage on the Porsche.
13_zpscbr8n3xa.jpg

Just put some 997 S "Lobster Claw" wheels on it:
IMG_7814_zpsx8cw5rpq.jpg

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I just read about an intermediate shaft bearing failure the 2000-2005 cars with the M96 engine are prone too. Sounds expensive if it happens. You probably know all about it, but I had to mention it. Happy new year!

Yes, the internet likes to make the IMS issue such a huge fear. Any engine replacement is expensive, that's why you have to know the symptoms of faulure, change the oil regularly, and inspect used oil for any signs of metal. I do my research.

I have one of those as well - an 02 with a few fun parts. I don't think my IMS has been touched but no metal in oil at 100K miles. I'm 36 with two other mustangs and my wife has a van and I pay about $100/month for full coverage on the Porsche.
13_zpscbr8n3xa.jpg

Just put some 997 S "Lobster Claw" wheels on it:
IMG_7814_zpsx8cw5rpq.jpg

Beautiful! i love that color! I don't think mine was ever replaced either and I just rolled 60K miles last week. It seems that if they're driven like they're meant to be, the engines hold up a lot better than engines which don't ever get spun up and drovd hard.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back