is 3v explorer iron block direct bolt in?

08sta

Reaction score
as stated above trying to find out if the explorer iron block is a direct bolt in with no needed adapters for mounts. I can get much better deals on the aluminum blocks for the stang to go into my adrenalin that im building and the weight savings and the quadruple digit power it can hold make it my engine of choice if it will just bolt in. either way the new motor will have cams, DOB450 kit and other supporting mods. hoping to hit 600+rwhp and shoot for low 12 high 11s.

Graham3913

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, why are you asking if the iron blocks are direct bolt ins if you can get a better deal on the aluminum blocks? Do you want an iron block or it sounds like you want an aluminum one? Clear me up on my understanding.

08sta

Reaction score
I'm asking if the iron block fits for you guys in the stang. I Want to out the aluminum stang block in my adrenalin if it is a direct bolt in to stock mounts. I figure its 600 to reach 11s since the truck is 4800lbs and irs.

Graham3913

forum member
Reaction score
Is an adrenalin a truck? I've never heard of it. So you're saying you want to replace the aluminum block that is in the truck with an iron block if it is a direct bolt in? I would advise against it since a forged rotating assembly in any aluminum 4.6 would be able to take 600rwhp pretty easy.

08sta

Reaction score
no i have the same iron block as an explorer. i want the aluminum block as i can find 3v stang motors cheaper than the explorer motor. and i want the weight savings of the aluminum block. essentially just think of the truck as an explorer.

Graham3913

forum member
Reaction score
ah ok. I can't say for sure because i haven't seen both, but the modular engine family was built with a lot of interchangeability in mind, so my hunch would be that it would bolt up just fine.

08sta

Reaction score
thx for the help. I'm going to try and see if i can find the answer for sure. us the 323 or 5.3 stroker worth it power wise? I was thinking at least 302 kit to gain a little torque. how do the strokers handle boost? i thought about a boost giggle gas combo.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Big Bore is the way to add cubes to these engines. The 302 stroker kits are barely worth it, the small bit of torque down low doesn't make it worth it on a motor with this small of a bore.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
no i have the same iron block as an explorer. i want the aluminum block as i can find 3v stang motors cheaper than the explorer motor. and i want the weight savings of the aluminum block. essentially just think of the truck as an explorer.

Just a friendly tip, but maybe specify what vehicle you have next time to clear confusion. After rereading the thread, I take it this is for the sport trac? I've always liked those, but not a lot of people know what they are, much less know the adrenalin package. There are also dedicated forums for that model and I'm sure there are people out there that could better answer your question.

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah I assumed the vehicle is about a Mustang, oops. I didn't know what an Adrenaline was until this thread. My apologies.

08sta

Reaction score
sorry about the confusion. I've asked on the sport trac and explorer forums but no one has done it. I figured i would ask here figuring the mustang crowd has likely used the iron block and if that block was i direct fit for you guys that would mean the stang block would be a direct fit for me. Wish i could still have a stang but the kiddos dont fit to well. I bought a brand new 2013 ss traded it in 6 months for a new f150 then traded that for a new benz then that for a new sierra that i was going to procharge then i found this adrenalin with 28k miles for a steal so i got it lol. ive wanted one since i seen the concept with the terminator motor in it but when they were new i couldnt afford one. by the time i could they were all used with 100k miles for 25k. mine had 28k mikes for 18500 so couldnt pass it up.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love the sport trac adrenalins. I was back and forth between one of those and my 09 GT when I bought my car. They are a cool truck and you got a great deal. Sport tracs sell for a premium these days.

08sta

Reaction score
I love mine and have been glad i bought it since day one. but once i get the power to back up the look i'll be happier.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back