WTF. Felt and sounded like a 4 cylinder

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
So heads came back from getting cleaned up and valve job. Upgraded the valve springs. All new rockers and lash adjusters. All new timing gear. Forged shortblock Manley rods and pistons. Arp 2000 rod bolts. Kellogg crank. Mac longtubes. Off road x pipe. I am still running a dob/gt500 setup, 47lb injectors, gt500 tb, roush 110mm CAI, gt500 fuel hat with dual DW 340 lph pumps, hto plugs, mecleod rst, SC grind Detroit rocker cams.

I already have a TVS, 52lb injectors from 13gt500, 65mm tb and jlt 123mm CAI waiting to go on but when the shop called and said the car Is ready to be picked up I was super excited. Figured I would get the car home and start putting my next upgrades on and have Lito remotely tune it.

But when I get about an hr from the shop (3.5hr drive to get home) I stop at a red light. When turns green I tried to pulled away and car lunges forward then all the sudden it has like very little power and is running strange. Sounded like some of the cylinders shut down like my ram truck does for mpg. Pulled over and shut it off. Looked under hood at injectors and coils to make sure all the connections were plugged in. So started it again to see if it was a fluke but sure enough still sounds like a 4 cylinder and has serious lack of power. Displayed no codes. So had to have shop come get it to try and figure it out. First thoughts were VCT solenoid but they checked then and said the screens look good. Everything under valve cover look good. They re assemble and said car running good again.

Any idea what happened? I am hoping some connection was loose and is now tight but I will be fucked if this happens again as I have no clue where to look. Anyone else ever experienced this? If so what was it and how did you fix it? Sorry for the long post. Just super frustrating.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They likely found the issue then and corrected it, I imagine if it was something dumb on their behalf like a loose connector or ground etc. They would just say everything looks good and running fine and call it a fluke. Really hard to say what it was.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
They likely found the issue then and corrected it, I imagine if it was something dumb on their behalf like a loose connector or ground etc. They would just say everything looks good and running fine and call it a fluke. Really hard to say what it was.

I am hoping so. To be honest I would rather them say hey we must of not connected this well so I would at least have my confidence back in the car. Now I have to regain confidence in it. Assuming it is all good now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back