Possible issue with Raxiom Gen5 tail lights or electrical problem?

jimgas

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls.

So i have a mustang GT 2006 with coyote tail lights and sequential harness. I decided to replace them by purchasing the Raxiom Gen5 tail lights.
So here is the story. I removed my left coyote tail lights and installed the new raxiom gen5 lights. When i tried them to see if they work i noticed that when I signal left the inside led sequential go on like 1-2-3 1-2-3 but at the same time the outside led around them blinks but not with sequence. At the same time every time was blinking the right tail light (the coyote one with sequential harness and incadence bulb) was blinking as well, just one bulb and very dim.
So I said hmmm why does that?
I removed the right coyote tail light and installed the raxiom 5th.
I gave it a shot and i discovered that.
Every time I put blinker left, the left sequential led are working fine but at the same the led around them blinks IN BOTH LIGHTS LEFT AND RIGHT (like i have hazards on). Same thing happens if I'd try to right blinker.

PLEASE PLEASE GUYS ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START.

Thank you all

Dimitri

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u remove the aftermarket harness when u swapped to the Raxiom?

jimgas

Reaction score
Yes of course. Im looking over the internet and i can't find anyone with the same issue... Of course :(

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Sounds similar to what happens with trailer lights when you have a weak ground. Make sure they are fully plugged in at the connector. Other than that I would probably return them to American Muscle and get a replacement set. AM has always been very generous on returns so that shouldn't be a problem.

jimgas

Reaction score
Yes ill check the weak ground. Should I clean the connectors as well?

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Totally random but do you have any other LED bulbs in the car. I switched out my stock tails for the Gen 5's and when I did I replaced all the other bulbs with LED's with the exception of the head and fog lights. When I put the Gen 5's both in and tested them they were fine. When I moved to all the other lights everything was fine. When I put the drivers side left turn signal in fine when I did the passenger it messed up the tail lights in that the inners did what they were supposed to but the outer rings went out on the passenger side tail light. I replaced the turns with the factory bulbs and the tails worked like normal again. Weird but that's how it happened on mine.

MjDubai

Reaction score
check front blinker bulbs.. if one if them are not working it will affect the rear tail lights

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back