05 GT acceleration problems

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
engine light flash when your symptoms appear? if so its a misfire.

did you use the 09 coil packs? not sure what year car you have.

have you logged fuel trims to see if its a fueling issue?

Good call on the cops, 09 has the revised head, plug design with different length boots and coil connectors. Went to a brown boost vice black iirc. If they are the wrong ones could be bad plug connections.

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
coil packs is what i was thinking when he said check engine light flashes.

either misfire from spark or fueling issue

Smeaglly

Reaction score
I found out that my injectors were aftermarket so i swapped them back to stock and it helped a little bit but not much, i just checked the oil level just cus i was curious and even tho I've driven 25-maybe50 miles I have pretty much no engine oil but theres no signs of leaks

Smeaglly

Reaction score
I knew the spark plugs were different but not the packs I'll have to change those too then

Smeaglly

Reaction score
Got it fixed, found out two of the o2 sensors were accidentally swapped

Smeaglly

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the help, i probably spent a little more money than i wanted but with everything on my car having never been replaced since it was made alot of it was old and was time to replace it

MjDubai

Reaction score
i have the same issue on my 06 gt.. weird thing that a friend of mine has an infiniti G35 coupe and does the same thing sometimes..!?

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
This is sounding exactly like the problem I have with my 06 in a thread right next to yours. The motor has never been out of mine though and it was running fine up until it started acting up with no changes at all so can't be mixed o2's. Glad you found it, someday I might find mine...........

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back