4.63v tick

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I also have a set of stock cams 200 $ shipped. Or cams and new phasers for 400 plus shipping

teeje

Reaction score
Alright well none of the issues stated were the cause of the problem.
One of the cam bearings was toast. Motor torn down revealed scoring on the main bearings and some scratches and hot spots on the rod bearings. Engine is getting replaced with an 80k engine (lowest the warranty company found I guess) 3500$ worth of parts and labor and I only lay around 300 after taxes

What really grinds my gears..i just changed the oil to royal purple full synthetic and used a Ford filter and changed the speak plugs. Spark plugs will obviously be re used I only out maybe 20 miles on them. I should have it next week and then it's time for its new fuel filter. Any other maintenance items I should look for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Alright well none of the issues stated were the cause of the problem.
One of the cam bearings was toast. Motor torn down revealed scoring on the main bearings and some scratches and hot spots on the rod bearings. Engine is getting replaced with an 80k engine (lowest the warranty company found I guess) 3500$ worth of parts and labor and I only lay around 300 after taxes

What really grinds my gears..i just changed the oil to royal purple full synthetic and used a Ford filter and changed the speak plugs. Spark plugs will obviously be re used I only out maybe 20 miles on them. I should have it next week and then it's time for its new fuel filter. Any other maintenance items I should look for?

What motor do you have? The 4.6 3v doesn't use cam bearings.

teeje

Reaction score
Car is almost done new engine here, old is out, new clutch kit going in and all done

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back