What have you done to your house today

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had a tree dude take down/remove a bunch of trees in the back yard, did it for the free wood he got to take, leaving us with the brush to clean up.
This is one of the last ones he's cut down, he tied his tractor to it so it wouldn't fall toward my house or the neighbor's, which was even closer to it.

The way that area looked before "tree dude" had his way with it:

trees2_20170127.jpg

And how it looks now:

trees8_20170206.jpg

Wow! How come you removed so many of them? You planning on flatting that area out to add more backyard/side yard space? Looks bare now.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wow! How come you removed so many of them? You planning on flatting that area out to add more backyard/side yard space? Looks bare now.

We wanted the tall/thick ones gone, even had them marked with an orange dot that can be seen in the "before" pic. The dude kinda went a little nuts and took down a lot more than that. Some had to be taken down for him to be able to have room to drop the ones we wanted dropped, but quite a few he took down we didn't want him to take down. But once it's done what can you do? We're planning on cleaning up the area and planting some new things only in certain areas, mainly near the property line for some privacy, but no we're not gonna flatten the area, that'd cost way too much.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Did a lot of shoveling today, kept the walkway and a small section of the driveway clear.
(snow blower getting put to heavy use tomorrow, once the storm is actually done).
This was the view about 2-3PM today:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I had to turn on the AC yesterday. Spring has sprung here in Orlando. Our winter lasts about 3 weeks. Need to put some weed and feed on the lawn as everything is popping out with new growth.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent two hours clearing snow. Really annoyed at myself,I didn't buy a new blower this off season, my 15 yr ols Toro is getting tired.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
4 hours this morning snow-throwing, shoveling, and roof-raking.
I'm getting sick of this crap quickly, and really starting to think about a migration south within the next 1-2 years.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I feel for you guys that get snow. Id go insane dealing with that shit.

It's snowing again now.
And Sunday night into Monday morning we're expecting another foot.
Did I mention I'm getting sick of this crap?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Just cleaned up the driveway and walkway for the second time today.
Yeah, I'm ready for some southern weather.

20170211.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's snowing again now.
And Sunday night into Monday morning we're expecting another foot.
Did I mention I'm getting sick of this crap?

Im outside wrenching on the car.

Attachments

• Weld.jpg
    Weld.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
And you've only had the house what? 2 years?

Haha, yup.

Thing is, I met my fiancee a little over 3 years ago.
Before then I was thinking of moving South.
Meeting her and moving to NH from MA was a change in plans for sure, but lately we're both thinking moving South wouldn't be a bad idea.
So now my thoughts are back, and the house being fully renovated just means we'd get more money for it.
It's a seller's market around here, hehehe ...

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I came home Thursday to about 18" and they hadn't plowed my neighborhood at all since they couldn't even keep up with main roads. I cleared that and then drove in it to VT to ski, and yesterday drove back in another and had to do driveway again.. I kind of like playing with the snow toys. One thing that did piss me off, I snow throw along the curb to give access to mailbox and it leaves room so city plow does not pile it all back in driveway.. last night he came down the street the wrong way and plowed in from the other side

end of the driveway blows low
YzeUDWFl.jpg

the arsenal (old pic, have chains on teh tractor now)
L2pM7P2l.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, after another 11-12" of white stuff ... I snow-blowed the driveway and did some shoveling:

20170213_driveway.jpg

Also made a nice path for oil/propane access, and went by the generator with it, cleared it out so the air intake and exhaust are clear

20170213_front2.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
All this snow...

I changed the Nest thermostats from heating to cooling the other day.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
new key less Schlage entry locks on existing doors.
had to drill the hole bigger which took some wrangling.

anyways, both entries and the garage door now all have the same code. makes it simple.

PS. they have a lifetime warranty. I had one die after a few years, they mailed a new one no questions asked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back