What have you done to your house today

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I found a leak in the rook over the kitchen two weeks back. Got up on the roof and found a hole the size of a quarter in the middle of one of the shingle tabs that went down to the wood, but not through it. Thankfully its an older home with a boarded roof and not plywood or particle board like modern homes. Went to Ace and they suggested of all things FLEX SEAL! That's right, HANDY MAN IN A CAN! So I tried it. Came home sprayed it over the quarter sized hole several coats. Had a whopper of a storm last night. Ceiling in the kitchen is dry as a bone.

THANKS FLEX SEAL!!! Finally something that works as seen on TV.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ A lot of the guys use Plasti Dip on their wheels, emblems, etc. I've used both Plasti Dip and Flex Seal and think Plasti Dip is a better product. The Flex Seal was watery and only lasted a few months, Plasti Dip is heavier and in some applications lasted over 3 years in direct sunlight.

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
took out all the rotted mulch and put down a ton of lava rock.
18194795_10211175279636850_6505017990125577163_n.jpg

18157396_10211175279596849_5825700565772739547_n.jpg

18157940_10211175280396869_5780866436599161271_n.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Stephan, that looks really good, where did you get it?
I see stuff at Lowe's and Home Depot and it's much smaller than what you have there.

^ A lot of the guys use Plasti Dip on their wheels, emblems, etc. I've used both Plasti Dip and Flex Seal and think Plasti Dip is a better product. The Flex Seal was watery and only lasted a few months, Plasti Dip is heavier and in some applications lasted over 3 years in direct sunlight.

Brian, I think he was talking about this stuff:

flex-seal.jpg

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
@Gabe had a local place deliver and just dump
it in the driveway. i gave them the dimensions
he said you need this much,,,,lol. he was spot on.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
finished up the compost bin

15n7sjm.jpg

also drove in 54 t-posts with an 8-lb sledge by myself on Saturday, well, dog was with me, but she's no damn help

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Mother nature not cooperating with me. I put grass seed down and within a week or two we get dumped on with rain and washes it away. 2 weeks ago got it down, and got 4.5 inches of rain.

Put some more down last weekend after forecast looked to be all clear, could get 1.5 to 2 inches of rain tonight.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Bought a .177 Gamo Varmint air rifle.
Just zeroed in the scope.
Time to get rid of the woodchuck that's around here and some asshole squirrels too

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Sunday I installed LED, smartphone controllable can lights in our living room. Now I can set the mood from my phone. I also got the cat door installed in the laundry room door.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Bought a .177 Gamo Varmint air rifle.
Just zeroed in the scope.
Time to get rid of the woodchuck that's around here and some asshole squirrels too

I had a Crosman 2100(.177) and Crosman 2260 (.22) pellet guns that were great for pest control.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got my first kill this morning, a chipmunk, from about 25 feet away.
Small fucker. Now a small dead fucker.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Good shot. I normally just tried to hit him in the side or something and scare em off. Normally it was Raccoons I was shooting at.

Got 1.5 inches of rain last night, but luckily looks like my seed is still there!

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
put up one of my water barrels. its 500L. Its just gravity flow, so used to fill up buckets and watering cans.

I also have a tote (aka a cube, or IBC) for the other side of the house with a 1000L capacity (or a cubic meter if you will) that i need to set up.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Not my house, but across the street. The landlord came by today and took down the Christmas lights that have been hanging since long before I bought my house. That made me very happy. It's still a shithole but at least those stupid lights are gone.

IMG_0054.jpg

Also I have a new tenant in my front yard. :)

IMG_0053.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Mounted a couple of cabinets in a neighbor's garage. Does that count?

Started looking at Swisstrax Ribtrax flooring for a couple of bays in my attached garage. Should be able to get it a little cheaper than epoxy, so may give it a shot.

JimC

Reaction score
Day 2 of house hunting in North Carolina. Started yesterday (Monday, 5/22/17) - looking for our retirement place. My wife will likely be here during the winter while I am still working.

Looked in Winston-Salem area yesterday and ended at a new construction coming up with a design. That fits our needs best (sister-in-law moving in with us) but is more than I'd like to spend.

Eliminated Salisbury and Lexington from consideration today. Nice places to visit, but not where we want to live.

Found 2 places on the SE side of Winston-Salem that we are to see later this week. Both we like the outside. Inside we have to see but the pictures look good. Just need to investigate installing a chair lift for my sister-in-law to get upstairs. My wife isn't sure how it is going to go with her living with us. She sent my wife a text telling her all the things we need to consider buying this house - she's never owned a house before, and is telling us how to hunt for a house; my wife wanted to reply "thanks, don't know how we ever bought our other houses without your input and expertise". Plus she has been telling us what she won't accept and what we need to get - my question was "how much is she putting toward this purchase, oh yeah, NOTHING so that is the value of her requirements"

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a place with a separate mother-in-law suite well isolated from the main living quarters. The more separation the better.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back