Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The hood struts went on sale at AM so I picked them up along with a dead pedal. I know this is supposed to be a 'build' thread and it's not as exciting as a supercharger or T56 transmission swap but it's a start.

I had an unexpected day off today so I'll go get my tags as well. Might need to stop at Pep Boys and pick up a chrome license tag frame.

UNDRTKR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice Car man. I recently just upgraded to a 14 as well. I love it!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Nice Car man. I recently just upgraded to a 14 as well. I love it!

Is it just me or do the new ones handle a million times better than the old ones? I like mine more every day. Almost 500 miles on it now and the engine is really gaining power as well.

stanger1944

forum member
Reaction score
Congratulations, love the color. I got a 2010 in sterling gray. May lean on you from time to time for M90 info.

UNDRTKR

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or do the new ones handle a million times better than the old ones? I like mine more every day. Almost 500 miles on it now and the engine is really gaining power as well.

In stock trim I definitely agree. My 08 had quite a bit of suspension(Pro-kit, watts link, etc) so it laughed at most turns I threw at it. I can definitely say that the Coyote shits all over my 3V even with the M90. This Texas heat was killing that blower. Plus having a 3.73 car helps a bit as well.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Didn't you have the bullitt suspension tweaked for drag racing? I think you said you had removed the front sway bar etc.

The 2014 will get better with a tru-trac / watts link /3:73 gear. Lower it an inch, with stiffer springs, perhaps adjustable shocks and adjustable front + rear sway bars, and handling will only improve a bunch more.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jimbo, I appreciate the opinion but how many 2014 Mustangs have you driven? The final gearing ratio in my new car with 3.55 gears and 28" tall tires is LOWER than the Bullitt with 3.73 gears and 27" tire. 3.55 gears in this one is equivalent to 4.10 gears on the older ones.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell a difference in handling between my Bullitt and a 5.0 GT back when they first came out. I know that I had steeda/urethane engine mounts in my car, between these and the exhaust and 3.73 gearing the Bullitt sure put the 5.0 to shame when it came to the experience around town. The new car pulled a bit harder around 100 mph. Needless to say I didn't trade my car!

I am currently accumulating parts to forge the engine in the '08 this winter. If the 2015 doesn't grow on me at all, and if it indeed does drive like the land barge the Camaro is when I take it for a spin, I may pick up one of the remaining 2014 5.0 cars this fall when they are discounted by $10,000+ and fix it up just like Brian. They are already $5500 off right now. I already have mickeys, I'd just add an exhaust, a tune, control arms, and go run some 11's.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
As a side note, tonight I noticed a rather extensive line of wheel weights stuck on the LF wheel. I took a closer look and there's fourteen 1/4oz weights lined up side by side. You'd think that a tire requiring 3.5 oz of weight might get looked at a bit more closely, but they sent it out. Last time I had a tire that took 3.5 oz of weight it was replaced under warranty. Maybe Newman or one of our other tire guys could offer up an opinion?

And I can't help myself. I'm buying a second hand NIB DSS driveshaft from another forum member. I don't need it at this point but I'm not going to find another new aluminum driveshaft for this price.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian I wouldn't worry about it. I balance stuff all day some time with more weighy. As long as there is no vibrations . I had over 5 oz on on of my old nitto fronts and never had a issue. Every tire had a heavy spot, if it takes that much so be it, and long as it drives fine. Let it ride. Now if it had 5 or 6 I'd look into it but 3.5 is fairly normal in my book.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I appreciate your professional opinion.
Yes sir !!

Forgot to congratulate you on the sweet new ride man. Its beautiful!

Got to drive my buddy's stock 2014 5.0 2 weeks ago. Wow, who different animal than my 3v.

Congrats again brother.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't recommend test driving a 5.0 unless you're willing to buy one. The 7K redline is amazing, you can feel the cams kicking in about 4500rpm and it just pulls like a freight train all the way up.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats...you got the best color IMO. Cool that your modding it already too. Its nice to see you back in a stang after the Bullitt went down.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride amigo.

This makes me want a new one, especially with the discounts that are going on right now. I saw a new '14 for $26k and change yesterday up the road. It was a base GT, but it was in my color choice.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back