Diode Dynamics Switchback Bulb Installation

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Took a few minutes yesterday to install the new Diode Dynamics Switchback bulbs on our 2015 GT.

bulbs_zpszisundzk.jpg

For anyone who isn't familiar with how a switchback works here's what they do. When this bulb is on as normal, with your parking lights or headlights, it shines a nice, pure white color. Anytime you activate the turn signals, it flashes bright amber.

The install is super easy and only take a few minutes per side. I was able to do the install without a lift or jack stands.

The first step was to turn the tire so that I could remove (3) of the clips which hold the fender liner in place. Starting with the lowest one and moving on upwards I used a flathead screwdriver to pull the center pin of the clip out. Once the center pin on the clip is in the outward position you can pull the entire clip out.

removingclip_zpszcv5guuu.jpg

clips_zpsx4b185bd.jpg

Once all 3 clips were removed I pulled the fender liner away giving me enough room to reach the connector on the back side of the turn signal assembly.

puttingbulbin_zpsd6ycwvqx.jpg

Turn the connector counter clockwise and gently pull the connector with the factory bulb on it out of the turn signal housing.

Pull the factory amber bulb out of the socket and replace it with the Diode Dynamics bulb.

Re-insert the connector with the Diode Dynamics bulb back into the turn signal housing and turn it clockwise locking it in place.

Install the 3 clips back onto the fender liner securing back in place.

Repeat the same installation on the other side of the vehicle and you're done.

Here's a pic of the car with the factory amber bulb installed with the running lights on.
before_zpsvldcngui.jpg

This is with the Diode Dynamics switchback installed with the lights on.
drivinglighton_zpsox6bl4od.jpg

Here's the Diode Dynamics switchback bulb with the turn signal on.
turnsignalon_zps7hghehr5.jpg

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/LethalPerf/turnsignal_zpsyy0xrs17.gif

These bulbs are now IN STOCK and available here at Lethal Performance.

Follow the link below or simply give us a call at 561-753-8105 and we'll be glad to assist you.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-mustang-v8-gt/2015-ford-mustang-gt/lighting/led-replacement-bulbs/diode-dynamics-2015-mustang-switchback-turn-signal-led-kit.html

RSKtakR

Reaction score
is it possible to get rid of that 2nd orange light that is on in that housing as well or is the housing just orange?

ValK

Reaction score
Two questions. Do these work in 05 GT? And do you require a resistor to prevent hyper flashing? Or does the new version come with?

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Diode Dynamics is awesome...those look great & I'll have to relay over to my son. He's got a 2016 CA-Special & wants to swap some lighting. Thanks!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back