How do I install the Prosport boost guage

Chargedup14GT

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Thanks for letting me into the forum. I have a 2014 S197, Mustang GT that has been upgraded with complete Roush Stage 3 performance package. I have a Prosport boost/vacuum. I am trying to install theboost/vacuum guage. After days of Internet research I still cannot figure out where the T fitting connects under the hood for the tubing. The place most people say to connect it already has some type of wiring installed. I cannot for the life of me find the vacuum source to connect to. Help please. I will upload a understood photo if necessary. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Back side of the intake on the SC (passenger side rear) you will see a 1/8th inch NPT plug that is stainless steel. Remove that and obtain the correct hardware to use that. Then its simply a matter of attaching the poly tubing to the flare fitting and running it back through the driver's side fire wall. Screw those plastic t-fittings. They have a tendency to fail over time. Been there done that on my 2005.

WARNING: Be very careful working in the area where fitting will go into the intake. You can nick the fuel line and cause a rupture if you aren't careful. I had that happen to me. So make sure as you thread everything together to keep the fuel rail crossover line out of the way of your wrench and the fitting. Do not attempt to tighten the fitting and allowing it to simply push the fuel line out of the way regardless of how little contact there may appear to be or you will be replacing that fuel rail assembly.

Good luck. If you need photos I can back my Mustang GT out of the garage and take a photo of the layout and attach it.........as long as it isn't raining cats and dogs.

Last edited:

Chargedup14GT

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I must be dense but I can't for the life of me find what you are speaking of. I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo of that area. A picture would be so, so helpful. I swear I think when I had my Roush Stage 3 upgrade done they put some type of wiring harness there? Thanks again, been pulling my hair out for 3 days.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Here ya go. Passenger side back corner. On the intake. Where the brass nipple and 90 is located, there was a stainless threaded plug that is removed with an allen wrench. It's tight but this is where you make your vacuum line connection for the gauge. Again be very careful. Take care to hold the fuel cross over line out of the way when putting the fitting in if it gets in the way with you free hand. It can and will split if you skin the edge of it. Pick up an 1/8" NPT nipple, and 90 threaded 1/8" female-female, and you should already have the 1/8" compression fitting with 1/8' NPT thread on it already.
qdsEgSr.jpg

Sn5y8xr.jpg

Last edited:

Chargedup14GT

Reaction score
Hey my friend, on my car there is an electric wiring plug in that hole. It has a plug with 2 wires coming from it but no vacuum type line. It goes through the firewall and seems to connect to obdII. Not sure where it is connected exactly. Possibly for an electric guage? Any thoughts? Wish I knew how to post a picture.

Chargedup14GT

Reaction score
Where do I attach boost/vacuum guage tubing

Here are my pictures, I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_20170525_101700113.jpg
    IMG_20170525_101700113.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170525_101737096.jpg
    IMG_20170525_101737096.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 8

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
nope. Mine is an add on to an existing Mustang GT. No idea what that is for, unless the car was owned by a previous person who had an Aeroforce gauge setup (or similar package) on the car and took off everything but the vac/boost sensor needed to work with that package. Just a guess. My phase 1 package (no longer phase one) had a stainless plug in that port as I described.

Sorry can't help you. Good luck

I suggest you contact Roush.

Last edited:

Chargedup14GT

Reaction score
Thanks, I am the second owner so very possible. You have been so helpful can't thank you enough.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back