Rear Bump Stops

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dead link.

The material doesn't really matter imo, as you should never really hit them unless you do something crazy. When I lowered the car I trimmed mine shorter, others just completely remove them.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The material does matter as it acts like another spring with a variable rate. Idk why you would want high durometer bump stops. It would only serve to make ride quality suffer and could cause some strange suspension characteristics if you hit them.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I rode on my bumpstops on the sportlines. Trimmed off the first bump. Now I ride my bumpstops on coilovers. What are my options?

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dead link.

The material doesn't really matter imo, as you should never really hit them unless you do something crazy. When I lowered the car I trimmed mine shorter, others just completely remove them.

If I were to trim the ones on there now, what is best to cut them with? Can you just use scissors?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
They are easy to cut with a box cutter. Or your gf/wife's best kitchen knife. Hah

I pulled my stops out completely. Gotta air down

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I rode on my bumpstops on the sportlines. Trimmed off the first bump. Now I ride my bumpstops on coilovers. What are my options?

Your options are to have a car that rides like shit or to add in enough suspension to keep the body off the bump stops.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are easy to cut with a box cutter. Or your gf/wife's best kitchen knife. Hah

I pulled my stops out completely. Gotta air down

If you were still on coils spring, lowering springs actually, would you still remove the bump stops?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The material does matter as it acts like another spring with a variable rate. Idk why you would want high durometer bump stops. It would only serve to make ride quality suffer and could cause some strange suspension characteristics if you hit them.

This^^^^.

I modded the bump stops on my 07' to be shorter and "softer" for track use. No way I would have gone urethane.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score

Raise the car or deal with the shitty ride. You can try to trim the bump stops more, but you'll be in the stiffest part of the BS. You can also try drilling the center out to make them a little softer, but I would raise the car if I were you. The only thing that slamming a car is good for is hard parking it.

travelers

Reaction score

This^^^^.

I modded the bump stops on my 07' to be shorter and "softer" for track use. No way I would have gone urethane.

Raise the car or deal with the shitty ride. You can try to trim the bump stops more, but you'll be in the stiffest part of the BS. You can also try drilling the center out to make them a little softer, but I would raise the car if I were you. The only thing that slamming a car is good for is hard parking it.

What they said. :clap:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score

did someone say hard parked? hehe

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I used the longest sharpest non seradded knife in the kitchen. Did I say kitchen. Yes I used the kitchen knife on my car. It cut it like butter though.

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
I too used a bread knife to trim some things. In order to maintain domestic detente I went to the local Goodwill and got a couple old serrated knives for a dollar! I buy a lot of "tools" there, like stainless steel pots for dyeing things, parts cleaning, parkerizing, etc.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Um, hack saw guys. No need to go in the kitchen.:insane:

4541888098.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back