LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Lol I just bought that exact cable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while Moonwalking

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I will probably go with the MTX and just ditch the auto meter gauge I have now. Otherwise it looks like I would have to buy a separate gauge with the lc-1.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Doing a quick google for mtx-l datalog x3, it looks like you can wire the firewire to the back of that gauge. Call innovate, they will know for sure. To me the mxt set up looks like it cuts out the bulk controller and just uses the wideband sensor and the gauge, and the gauge has the controller built in it. Half the wiring? Looks easy.

Looking at the MTX-L manual it does have the yellow and brown analog out wires, just like the LC-1, so with the MTX-L setup you wont need an LC-1 to set up the datalog. The wiring will be the same color code as the LC-1, you will just have an easier plug and play start for dash A/F readings. Do you use the X3?

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I will probably go with the MTX and just ditch the auto meter gauge I have now. Otherwise it looks like I would have to buy a separate gauge with the lc-1.

I've got an autometer digital A/F with the firewire spliced into it and it works just fine. Which gauge do you have? Not trying to question your knowledge on the subject, I'm just trying to figure out why you can't do the same using the pin diagram from the lethal link posted.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Guess I never thought of that. Figured while I'm in there I would just switch it out for a better sensor with the innovate setup. I'm half retarded when it comes to wiring.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Haha me too man. But splicing the firewire into the a/f gauge is easy. Just print that pin out diagram and follow it. Solder all your connections and you'll be good to go:thumbup:

topless

Reaction score
Starting from scratch. Do I need more than a LC1 with firewire?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Starting from scratch. Do I need more than a LC1 with firewire?

Sorry for the delay, actually no, the thing is if you will visually monitor the AFR on the PC while doing the pulls? (guess you dont have a gauge with this LC1?)

topless

Reaction score
Oh so watching the gauge while doing the pulls is why you want a gauge. Got it. Kinda hard to watch a laptop screen and drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

BlindGUYnAR

forum member
Reaction score
Oh so watching the gauge while doing the pulls is why you want a gauge. Got it. Kinda hard to watch a laptop screen and drive.

When I did mine I pointed a GoPro at the gauge. You could just have a friend record it on their cell ph just as easy.

lito

forum member
Reaction score

Well, with the LC1 you can configure the unused analog out to be used with the SCT, the thing of having a gauge is for you to monitor it too while doing the WOTs.

And, yes I can go out of video of the gauge.

topless

Reaction score
Do you have a instruction set for use with a PLX DM-6 wideband setup?

Douglas Scheuch

Reaction score
Hi all!!!, finally became a vendor here, many of you already know me and what I do as I tuned some of your cars.

Basically I do remote tuning of custom combinations of 2V and 3V mustangs. We have remote tuned customer cars worldwide.

Send a PM or post any questions you have that I would be more than pleased to help you make your car run right!.
Lito Im interested in getting a tune from you can you pls contact me

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best to send him an email.....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back