What have you done to your mustang today?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
They insist on driving the car into and out of the work bay, which I won't allow, and they won't just give me the parts. I guess I'm doomed to keep getting the harassing letters, emails and phone calls.

Attachments

• Audie_Murphy_Jun_2017.jpg
    Audie_Murphy_Jun_2017.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 18

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Find a different dealership ... A lot of them are ok with the techs doing the recall in the parking lot, since the car doesn't have to go up in the air and it only takes 10 minutes.
When you get written up, clearly and nicely decline any complementary services, such as their Multi-Point Inspection

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally made an appointment to get my airbag replaced. Ford has really stepped up the harassing letters, emails and phone calls.

Funny I still have the original airbags in my 2002 F150. If the 2014 airbag is 'defective' and dangerous, just how safe are the 15 year old airbags in the pickup truck?

I got a post card this weekend. Made an appointment for next week.

Find a different dealership ... A lot of them are ok with the techs doing the recall in the parking lot, since the car doesn't have to go up in the air and it only takes 10 minutes.
When you get written up, clearly and nicely decline any complementary services, such as their Multi-Point Inspection
Local dealer really doesn't really have much of a service lot.

Phil1098

Reaction score

This ^^^^, my local Ford dealer let me drive mine around and the tech did it out in the lot right in front of the shop. Then they forgot to record the serial number of the new airbag. They called me and asked me to bring the car back. I said, uh no, I'll take five minutes and pull the bag and send you a picture of the serial number. The service manager said, "you would do that?" and I told him that five minutes work saves me 40 minutes of driving round trip, so yeah no big deal. They were fine with the pic.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those ^^^^ door panels just make me go "WTF?"

What's the story with those things?
I usually don't stray too far from the pack as far as mods go but you mean "wtf" that look terrible? Or "wtf" how do I get a set?

Lol..... Well......I got fed up with constantly gluing and dealing with the factory panels my friend. So aggravating and just trashy looking saggyness no matter how I tried. So when I saw these I was like YES! So, I enjoy (when I can) flying for no other reason than fun, small aircraft like the Cessna 152 and 172 ( my door panels very similar to some I have flown) I think that's cool. I also like the older cars with metal door panels......Just thing that resonates to me I guess. I am totally in love with them. Serious.....I smile ever time I shut my door. Feel like I am closing the cockpit to an old aircraft.

I wish you could see them in person and sit in the car (crazy amounts of legroom now.....I could turn the heater on and do hot yoga in either seat) .

They are cool! ( to me at least) .

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
9515590817d0bda9b808a84a549f7213.jpg

Last edited:

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What I just got done after work was removing the shaker 500 head unit ( found a buyer) and cleaning what I assume the PO thought was a spittoon.
9e5048ca21b12b19c588071424358d5d.jpg
b28944249923d66d7bcbe8ff28c471b1.jpg
dd66688b5e90bd4f608482cfc841e345.jpg
3fba8425d3a42e04f01006729efeb4ad.jpg
70db80abf666c0edb276856bee213e73.jpg
830e5a2d015f53784f3f708ac60a35fe.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They insist on driving the car into and out of the work bay, which I won't allow, and they won't just give me the parts. I guess I'm doomed to keep getting the harassing letters, emails and phone calls.

Have you talked to Tracy @ Jordan. She works nights...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
What I just got done after work was removing the shaker 500 head unit ( found a buyer) and cleaning what I assume the PO thought was a spittoon.

Been there before. I subjected my car a lot of spilled coffee in that cupholder during college. After I graduated it got a very thorough cleaning and took that whole thing apart too. Lol

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score

I called three dealers, and none would do the repair without pulling it into a work bay. They all also said it would take four hours to do. This, even though I was first in the service line on a recent saturday morning. I know it's just the horn button and I could do it myself in 10 minutes.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Try calling back the dealerships and asking for the service manager. You might be able to talk some sense with one of them

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I called three dealers, and none would do the repair without pulling it into a work bay. They all also said it would take four hours to do. This, even though I was first in the service line on a recent saturday morning. I know it's just the horn button and I could do it myself in 10 minutes.

I know it's a gray area for dealers to perform work outside of the service bay, but I think that is just silly that they wouldn't just help you out with a simple request.

And four hours? LOL.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
After months of looking at Corvettes, Challengers, and S550 Mustangs, I have officially decided to KEEP my S197.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After months of looking at Corvettes, Challengers, and S550 Mustangs, I have officially decided to KEEP my S197.
Chip,

I'm doing that myself ..........

Well enjoy your S197 buddy that's the way it should be for any of us.

Terry

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Washed it, dried it, clayed it, washed it, dried it, waxed it, looks shinny, but dam all the stone chips really pop with a fresh wax job- I bet I have a dozen between both front fenders and doors- depressing as hell.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back