Car died wont start.

bearman71

Reaction score
My buddy and I took out his 3.7 with a cold air out today, the car went a total of 200 yards before the engine suddenly cut out. Now the vehicle will not start.

Checked the battery. its fine. the tank also has fuel in it.

2014 base 3.7

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Any signs of power, at all, when the key is turned? is it trying to crank? if all else fails, call Roadside Assistance. The info is on a card with the books the car comes with. He gets 5-yr/60k miles of it. They pay for tows to a Ford Serivce dept within 35 miles.

Last edited:

bearman71

Reaction score
Any signs of power, at all, when the key is turned? is it trying to crank? if all else fails, call Roadside Assistance. The info is on a card with the books the car comes with. He gets 5-yr/60k miles of it. They pay for tows to a Ford Serivce dept within 35 miles.

Battery is good man!

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Battery is good man!

I know you say the battery is good, but the devices having activity is a different meaning from the battery being good. Also not starting and not cranking can mean different things as well. If it is cranking and not firing, then it is something along the lines of not getting spark/fuel. If nothing happens when you turn the key (i.e. the vehicle never attempts to crank), then it can be various other issues. On these cars (mainly 2011+ I know), the needles will spaz out during the calibration phase (because of the draw of the fuel pump) if the battery is too low for crank, but will eventually move like it is at full power when it may not be enough. What I am trying to say is, there needs to be more detail about what is going on.

Last edited:

bearman71

Reaction score
Well I have it on a trickle charger, and will update youguys when I can.

bearman71

Reaction score
Well new update: We charged the battery, same thing happened. Car was cranking but not wanting to catch. When the ice goes away we call ford to have them pick up the car.

Apparently dipshit has had this issue twice before, but the car restarted with no issue.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
If it is cranking and not firing, then it is probably something in the air/fuel/spark.

Agreed on the other point. With a car that new, if it happens more than once, at least get it checked out before you are stuck. The techs will at least tell you what is normal, or what is going wrong (and fix it). It is under warranty as long as he hasn't dumped a bunch of mods on it.

bearman71

Reaction score
Those are on or off and don't reset themselves. I am curious to hear the outcome of this.

It was not the inertia switch, somehow a quite large amount of water had gotten in to the fuel tank. Local dealership pumped the tank out and the car ran fine.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
It was not the inertia switch, somehow a quite large amount of water had gotten in to the fuel tank. Local dealership pumped the tank out and the car ran fine.

Cranky neighbor, teenage hoodlums, bad fuel?

Glad you figured it out. :beer:

bearman71

Reaction score
Cranky neighbor, teenage hoodlums, bad fuel?

Glad you figured it out. :beer:

My one and only cranky neighbor with teenage hoodlum sons would not be able to figure out that one, bad fuel is a small but possible probability. and since it has happened several times I am going to blame the gas.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Only two "latches" hold that opening closed. You can use your pinkies (or something similar) on the left and right side, and push the latches outward to open it. To use it with a gas can, there is a white funnel in the spare tire area.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back