Restoring grille?

Tungsten_GT

forum member
Reaction score
Since I've bought my car I've been trying to make it look better and more showroom like every way possible, but the grille is faded in one spot for some reason and won't come back to black, should I just paint it with trim paint? Or get a whole new grille?

Attachments

• DSC_0876.jpg
    DSC_0876.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 29

28ONE

Reaction score
Since I've bought my car I've been trying to make it look better and more showroom like every way possible, but the grille is faded in one spot for some reason and won't come back to black, should I just paint it with trim paint? Or get a whole new grille?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114344&page=3

Check out the pics on post #54

The product I used is CarPro Dlux

http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-sealants-spray-wax/cquartz-dlux-plastic-rubber-coating-sky-kit/

Here's acode for a discount: 15off

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Why not just use Plasti-Dip? One can for a few bucks and you are done.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
If it was my choice for this particular mustang I would order a new grille with the pony delete, and skip trying to restore this one.

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
I personally would either make your own or buy a new one. I currently am working on a custom grille.

Attachments

• 0313161650a.jpg
    0313161650a.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 26

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If it was my choice for this particular mustang I would order a new grille with the pony delete, and skip trying to restore this one.

His car would look sick with a center-mounted fog light grille:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eleanor-grille-0509gt.html

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
It fades? The hood vents that I did last year have not faded one bit. They look just as matte black as the day I dipped them.

Tungsten_GT

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about plasti dip, I've got the whole sprayer system and a gallon of black dip.
I'll definitely look into carpro, heard lots of good things about them.
Custom grille is pretty cool too, I currently have a foglight delete I made with some mesh, gives the car a mean look to it.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about plasti dip, I've got the whole sprayer system and a gallon of black dip.
I'll definitely look into carpro, heard lots of good things about them.
Custom grille is pretty cool too, I currently have a foglight delete I made with some mesh, gives the car a mean look to it.

Pics of the delete? I was about to do the same thing

Tungsten_GT

forum member
Reaction score
I liked it, but I need to make some kind of gasket to hold them in better.

Attachments

• DSC_0250.jpg
    DSC_0250.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 25

Tungsten_GT

forum member
Reaction score
This'll sound really silly, but it's window screen mesh. I then cemented it to the inside part of the grille. Only issue was at high speeds it would come loose, hence the reason I wanted to make some kind of gasket piece or something to hold it in place more securely.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
This'll sound really silly, but it's window screen mesh. I then cemented it to the inside part of the grille. Only issue was at high speeds it would come loose, hence the reason I wanted to make some kind of gasket piece or something to hold it in place more securely.

Let me know when you've figured out a permenant solution! If I come across another oem grille i'll make that setup. Looks great man. What if you drilled holes in the cylinder about 1.5-2inches spaced out and then zip tied the screen though those holes? Not sure if that makes sense to you but basically zip tieing the screen to the fog light cylinder

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back