Clutch master cylinder?

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
So I have been trying for several hours to bleed my slave. Followed Ford's process and nothing. Pumped and pumped and nothing. So I removed my braided line from slave and plugged the line from master. I was hoping I would get some pressure on my pedal and still nothing I press it down and it stays there. I even tried Ford's process on this set up. I have no leaks anywhere ,so I'm assuming that all of a sudden my master cylinder went bad and it's by passing internally. Thoughts?

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
Why were you bleeding the line for?...
did you replace the clutch kit?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Just got the trans back from a stage 2 rebuild. I bought the trans (magnum xl) used. It was installed beginning of March with new slave and clutch. Ended up blowing out 2nd gear was the reason for rebuild. Put everything back together last night and have been trying to bleed ever since with no luck.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
So it wont go into gear while is on?...

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Correct. Will not go into gear. Slave is not moving at all. And with the line disconnected from slave when the clutch pedal is depressed fluid comes out very slowly with no pressure at all.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
While the trans was out, did you press the slave cylinder "tob" by hand to see if it move back and foward?... if it hards and wont go back by hand than the slave is bad....

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I did check slave by hand prior to install and was fine. Plus I forgot to mention when clutch pedal is depressed pedal does not return and makes a squeal noise. Have to pull the pedal back up and same noise. If I'm thinking right by plugging the line to the slave and pressing the clutch pedal in it should have resistance due to system being dead headed. Correct? But I have no resistance at all. The noise I hear sounds like fluid by passing internally inside the master.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
If the clutch pedal doesnt return at all and you have to pull it up, than is your clutch master cylinder... the only down side of replacing it, is that you have to take everything as one unit.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
And i mean the pedal unit from the inside of the car... just to disconnect the two screw thats holding the clutch master cylinder in place

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks that's what I thought the problem is. I just wanted clarification before I ordered a master cylinder. But I would rather it be the master than slave . I know the master is gonna be a pain but better than pulling the trans again.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
I hear you.. i pulled the trans 3 time, i even broke the screen on my phone while working on it lol

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Ya my phone was always close enough I thought I was gonna get it once or twice.

That's the best price I have seen so far thanks. Was looking at the one LMR has but wasn't sure if it was oem or not.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought this one from O'reilly...
16b3a719978375cd261e1ae711b00c0f.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back