Widebody & wheels

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all. Potentially stupid qu here please bear with me.

In my part of the world i have to replace my tires every 4 years to pass its annual inspection. Currently on 18x8 stock wheels. Figured i might spend a bit of cash and get an upgrade.

I came upon this blog a little while ago:
http://blog.modbargains.com/12in-de...n-forgestar-cf5v-sdc-19x12s-on-all-4-corners/
Where they put 19x12's on all 4 corners...! I have tried to contact them for some answers via email (sales and the dude in the article) but of course no reply.... so here i am.

I know i'd have to buy the widebody fenders but would there be any issues, clearance or otherwise, fitting 19x12 or 11's in the front on stock suspension (09 GT)?

Also if this is possible would i need to buy anything to keep the tire pressure functionality?

Again apologies. Still a bit of a noob obviously...

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
With flares that's not hard at all. Plenty of people on 10" at all 4 corners without flares.

You'd just need new TPMS sensors to keep the tire pressure functionality. They're about $250 with a tool.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey all. Potentially stupid qu here please bear with me.

In my part of the world i have to replace my tires every 4 years to pass its annual inspection. Currently on 18x8 stock wheels. Figured i might spend a bit of cash and get an upgrade.

I came upon this blog a little while ago:
http://blog.modbargains.com/12in-de...n-forgestar-cf5v-sdc-19x12s-on-all-4-corners/
Where they put 19x12's on all 4 corners...! I have tried to contact them for some answers via email (sales and the dude in the article) but of course no reply.... so here i am.

I know i'd have to buy the widebody fenders but would there be any issues, clearance or otherwise, fitting 19x12 or 11's in the front on stock suspension (09 GT)?

Also if this is possible would i need to buy anything to keep the tire pressure functionality?

Again apologies. Still a bit of a noob obviously...

Cheers

You have tires that last 4 years??

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
You have tires that last 4 years??

Haha! Yeah now that i have baby twins and a 2yo the SUV gets used 99% of the time. The 'Stang is my toy when i dont have to tow the whole family along!

But thats why i wanna change up the wheels. Got a DOB SC set up sitting in the garage waiting for install!

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
With flares that's not hard at all. Plenty of people on 10" at all 4 corners without flares.

You'd just need new TPMS sensors to keep the tire pressure functionality. They're about $250 with a tool.

Thanks Mavisky! Looks like i might go for this then... cheers!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
11" wide will fit with no flares as long as you don't mind seeing a little tire out past the sheetmetal.

18 x 11 in the picture, but 19's wouldn't be much different. Up front, the tread of a 285/35-18 where the tread is 10.2" wide sits just barely under the sheetmetal as seen from directly above. Not lowered, around -2° camber and with an 0.025" thick "spacer" to eliminate a tiny tire to strut rub under hard cornering (with two passengers aboard) as shown.

picture.php

Norm

Last edited:

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
Fantastic info. Thanks Norm. Really appreciate the input.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back