6R80 in my 05

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I also asked him about keeping the converter locked on a downshift. He said he was going to add that feature for us. With the stall if I go up a hill it downshifts with a open converter and then relocks which gives it a flare feeling. That's the only drivability thing I haven't been able to work around.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I also asked him about keeping the converter locked on a downshift. He said he was going to add that feature for us. With the stall if I go up a hill it downshifts with a open converter and then relocks which gives it a flare feeling. That's the only drivability thing I haven't been able to work around.

I'll have to test that out too. Mine will seem to stay in 6th a good ways but I probably need to play with the downshift points a little more.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
What are you wanting to output? Are you wanting something programmable? I've asked for a gear output. Since mine is mounted in the glove box I can't see the display. I was hoping he could do an accessory or a simple output may work. I'm sure I could find a display. He hasn't responded on that yet.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
What are you wanting to output? Are you wanting something programmable? I've asked for a gear output. Since mine is mounted in the glove box I can't see the display. I was hoping he could do an accessory or a simple output may work. I'm sure I could find a display. He hasn't responded on that yet.

I would like that as well. He mentioned that they wanted to do what you are describing. I also mentioned it to him.

I just want a trigger for a relay based on temp of Trans that the controller sees.

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
Remote display

I would like that as well. He mentioned that they wanted to do what you are describing. I also mentioned it to him.

I just want a trigger for a relay based on temp of Trans that the controller sees.

I went ahead and wired up a remote display went to an electronics shop and got a bunch of jumper wires put them together an walah. It was a bit tedious but I got it done doing the same thing with a shfift light plan to mount both between the center AC vents

IMG_1697.jpg

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I went ahead and wired up a remote display went to an electronics shop and got a bunch of jumper wires put them together an walah. It was a bit tedious but I got it done doing the same thing with a shfift light plan to mount both between the center AC vents

Awesome!!!

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
Got the shift light and display installed finally still need to make a bezel for the display hopefully can get it done soon

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 23

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Wow, that looks really good.

I really wish I could mount that display somewhere else, an output from the controller or something. May have to do this to get it mounted somewhere else.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Yep I like it too. Maybe they'll add that feature someday, especially with the 10 speeds coming.

aboody roush

Reaction score
46k 2014 6r. $1175
TCS Controller. $1200
Circle D Converter. $1200
2014 DS $165
PA flexplate SFI. $145

That was the list for my kids parts. Then I added these to mine.

Same as above plus
PA deep pan with dipstick $300
Exedy clutches and intermediate shaft $1100 + install
Dana Spicer 3.5" aluminum '14 DS $650

Then there is the gear swaps for both cars that will run about $550 each. 3.31 for his and 3.15 for mine.

His converter is a 2c approximately 3400 stall and mine is a 4c approximately 4400 stall.

Still need to figure out what shifter I am going with for mine.

Go to your local LKQ auto parts and see whats available they had a pretty good selection. There site sucks though.trans comes with a 6 mo 6k miles warranty or you can purchase a 12/12.

Now i have only stock 6A with stock torque converter .
This post help me thank you guys but i need more help please :
I need now with trany.. :
Crossmember
Cooler
Shifter + shifter cable ( 11-14 )
TCS Control from US shift
Flexplate 8 bolt ( i have one for 5r55s )
Driveshaft
is there anything else i need for swap TR3650 to A6 ?
How HP can load stock A6 ? Like 750 rwhp for street race ?
My car swap 5r55s to TR3650 but now go to 6R80

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now i have only stock 6A with stock torque converter .
This post help me thank you guys but i need more help please :
I need now with trany.. :
Crossmember
Cooler
Shifter + shifter cable ( 11-14 )
TCS Control from US shift
Flexplate 8 bolt ( i have one for 5r55s )
Driveshaft
is there anything else i need for swap TR3650 to A6 ?
How HP can load stock A6 ? Like 750 rwhp for street race ?
My car swap 5r55s to TR3650 but now go to 6R80

With the tranny out already, do the clutch and shaft upgrade, especially at that HP level.

aboody roush

Reaction score
With the tranny out already, do the clutch and shaft upgrade, especially at that HP level.

Thank you bro .
I am afraid about Exedy upgrade because I don't have here good workshop in my city .
Someone told me with circle D torque converter i can go +700rwhp

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Damn I scored a deal. Shifter , cable, flexplate , circle d 2b, DSS shaft, braided lines and cooler, mustang 6r80 with billet input and scorched exedy clutches for 1600 and 100 in gas to pickup. Looking at 600 in clutches, 350 for the converter rebuild 1250 on the controller and I'm in there. Ready to see some moderate and wot video. Due to mustang week my install will be postponed until after.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I scored a deal. Shifter , cable, flexplate , circle d 2b, DSS shaft, braided lines and cooler, mustang 6r80 with billet input and scorched exedy clutches for 1600 and 100 in gas to pickup. Looking at 600 in clutches, 350 for the converter rebuild 1250 on the controller and I'm in there. Ready to see some moderate and wot video. Due to mustang week my install will be postponed until after.

That is a good score,, I decided to just install mine , stock 6R80 out of a 2013 F150 with a REVMAX 9.5" 3600 stall.

I'm running the basic 7000-rpm race calibration Bauman loaded and still working on tuning it but O-M-G !!!

Little blast coming to work through traffic.

https://youtu.be/BykADfXKi68

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
For a car that sees 600ft/lb and may see as high as 800 at some point is there any reason to go with exedy stage 2 clutches? I guess I'm trying to decide if its really beneficial not to go with the stage1 and if there are going to be any harsher driveability quirks between the stage 1 and 2 clutches. Theoretically the stock ones hold up to a lot but I'm wondering if the thinner, different material, and more clutches, combination of the stage 2 will affect shift quality on around town traffic driving. I don't even know who to ask. All the performance and trans shops in nc I spoke to so far give me the shrugged shoulders

forum member
Reaction score
For a car that sees 600ft/lb and may see as high as 800 at some point is there any reason to go with exedy stage 2 clutches? I guess I'm trying to decide if its really beneficial not to go with the stage1 and if there are going to be any harsher driveability quirks between the stage 1 and 2 clutches. Theoretically the stock ones hold up to a lot but I'm wondering if the thinner, different material, and more clutches, combination of the stage 2 will affect shift quality on around town traffic driving. I don't even know who to ask. All the performance and trans shops in nc I spoke to so far give me the shrugged shoulders

Good question. I would ask Terry Reeves http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/ . If I believe the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJUCCVUevMI), he tested those clutches before they were put on the market. It's worth a try and he is a sponsor here who sells those parts.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I just got my car back together after swapping over to a Holley Dominator system and return setup. Jake at US shift asked me to send in my controller to be updated since it was a first run so I did that too. I finally drove the car today and it wasn't good. The first trip around the block had very odd shifts where it seemed in neutral between the gears. Since I didn't go a clutch learn first (not required on the new units) I thought I might need to. So I did a clutch learn and got the same results. Is this the shift learn behavior now? I don't remember this at all from my original controller. I sent an email to Karl but he probably won't answer till Monday and I'd like to get the car out tomorrow if I can.
Thanks Mike

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
Karl says he believes it's correct and will take care of itself pretty quick. It caught me off guard as I didn't remember it being that funky on the first drive. It must be the new loaded clutch learn. I'll let you guys know if it doesn't clear up.

UPDATE: I sent Karl a data log because it's not right. After he saw it he agreed. It's a TPS issue but we're not sure why at this moment. I'll update this post once it's corrected.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back