Cams

akselvom

Reaction score
I felt like I was pretty specific when I said it melted the Intake Manifold in one of the ports I apologize. Regardless I figured out some of it. I pulled the bank 2 valve cover I found 3 rollers off there lifters mostly broken a chunk out of the exhaust lobe on the same cylinder as the burnt port on my intake and the key way on the cam rotated in the phaser damaging it. So that's all pretty awesome! I did about $2900 worth of upgrades+ $1300 worth of damage moral of the story is rotate the assembly with the valve cover off to make sure nothing's catching and double check your brothers check the

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 8

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
its just a lot easier to truely understand what happened.

Knowing the difference between combustion gasses went back through intake valves melting the interior of manifold, vs the entire half of the manifold is in a puddle in the valley are two vastly different outcomes when we hear something melted

akselvom

Reaction score
Aaahh there we go now understand what you meant and I totally agree and your right a picture will tell a tale I just wish this one had a better outcome. I saw a lot of people with similar issues on Facebook but no actual answer so I'm going to try and spread it as much as I can heck one guy said he had been driving for months like this

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, when it comes to "should i or should i not post pictures of this issue i have" 99% of the time pics will help.

As you said above, always rotate the engine over by hand, upwards of a dozen times to check followers are in correctly and not popping out somewhere.
how bad is the lobe on the cam?
Some companies may be able to repair it and repair the keyway in the end of the cam,

akselvom

Reaction score
It's pretty bad I will take a picture today I work at a dealership and I have it there awaiting parts so I can reassemble. I don't want to take a chance as much as it hurts I'm going to just replace it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back