2011 Mstang short throw shifter nearing completion... some news >>>>

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys,

just wanted to let you guys in on some info as i am getting close to finlaizing the testing and design of our 2011 shifter.

first... the THROW....

as you guys know that have your cars already the new stock tranny is kinda odd in that the side to side travel is VERY short while the front to back is not as short as it should be but close....

this is just the way it was designed sooo...i originally designed the shifter much like our corvette shifters to have a double pinion design rather than a pivot ball to shorten the throw front to back and not side to side...i was shooting for about 30-35 percent reduction in throw....

NOT A GOOD IDEA...

apparently the new tranny that ford is using is not as robust as the TREMEC was and we have found that anyhting more than about 15-20 percent reduction in throw is going to have issues with lockout and also wear on the synchros of this transmission.

after trying countless combinations of shifting throws i decided that to be honest the THROW of the oem unit is not that bad and actually for both roadcourse and drag racing the effort is pretty spot on...

BUt..where the factory unit falls flat on its face is DEFLECTION!!! it is HORRIBLE!!! the stock box UNDER the shifter has to be replaced and the rear support bracket is a joke!!! it has zip ties around a rubber mount for petes sake!!!:wtf1:

so in the end what i am designing is going to be basically a 15-20 percent reduction with ADDITIONAL spring back to neutral for the drag racers out there. with a COMPLETE replacement to the entire unit under the boot.

so if you guys are hung up on a super short throw then you might want to look elsewhere BUT i can assure you the shifting will be faster with our setup :evillaugh:

stay tuned for more info and pics around the holiday break!!

george

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Thanks for the update George! I'm glad to hear the behind the scenes research going on. Honestly, I don't have a problem with the stock throw length. I don't like the flimsiness of the stock shifter assembly. I'll be purchasing an MGW shifter when you get them available. Thanks again!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you had to estimate a release, when would you think we get get our hands on one of these!

momstmg78

Reaction score
I want one for a 2012 gt 5.0. Let me know if or when they will be in stock. thx

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I want one for a 2012 gt 5.0. Let me know if or when they will be in stock. thx

being in stock and sitting on the shelf will be a loonnggg time i think. we currently are on about 3 week order backlog . if you want one i would order it and then you reserve your spot.

we do NOT ever charge your card until they are actually shipped.

george

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Just got mine today and I have to admit it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, feel bad installing it :) Great job guys, the packageing and piece itself are top notch.

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
SOB.. this is my 3rd MGW within 2years lol..

oh well i will go order one now..

MAKE CRAPPIER PRODUCTS SO I DONT BUY THEM ANYMORE!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back