Hey

Maka

Reaction score
I most likely need to have my car retuned. It was originally tuned by hptuners when the previous owner had the car. I bought it because he told me when he went from Nevada to Washington that all of a sudden it started acting up. It's running stupid rich and doesn't want to stay running it goes into fail safe mode. Idles at 11.7:1 air/fuel. I'm
Popping up these codes p0135 p0446 p061b p2106. Idle is all over and dies most the time. It's got a stage 3 comp cam, stock heads, long tubes, 42lb injectors, wms 80mm intake, and most likely the cmcv delete plates.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Maka, did the seller give you the tuner with the car? Or did he return the car to the stock tune and keep the hand held tuner? If he returned it to stock then it may not run properly with those mods.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Quick and easy. Before I did anything I would check and clean the throttle body. Behind the plates even a little build up can disrupt the airflow enough for it to think the car is running lean and throw more fuel at it. This will also throw codes.

... Just read your other post. NVM

Last edited:

Maka

Reaction score
I got no tuner with it. This week I am putting 2 new up stream O2 sensors and stock injectors that I just purchased, just incase the bigger ones are stuck open. I'm starting to believe he lied and sold the tuner when he needed the money. I purchased a sct x4 so that hopefully I can have someone tune it and get it running properly. I'm just upset because I don't have tons of money to dump into this car

Maka

Reaction score
I'll shoot him an email tomorrow or so. I gotta have my guy install the O2 and the injectors and then see where i stand.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll shoot him an email tomorrow or so. I gotta have my guy install the O2 and the injectors and then see where i stand.

Changing injectors without adjusting tune for them will cause severe issues.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back