slammed with 10+ wide on front, post your pics!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
285's on a 10" wide wheel are actually a mild stretch so they're narrower than the wheel actually. You can see in this picture on my current 10" wheels that the wheel is the furthest part out on this combo.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
285's on a 10" wide wheel are actually a mild stretch so they're narrower than the wheel actually. You can see in this picture on my current 10" wheels that the wheel is the furthest part out on this combo.

That's kinda odd, cuz my 275/35/20 Nitto 555 G2s fit more square than that:
(and they're also on 10"-wide wheels)

20160128_Niche5_1.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only thing wrong with bolt on fender flares is that they are bolt on fender flares. They look like tacked on, piles of shit on every car they get tacked onto. Miata, Mustang or otherwise. They are negative cool. This is not some cheesy remake of some bad 70's car film.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only thing wrong with bolt on fender flares is that they are bolt on fender flares. They look like tacked on, piles of shit on every car they get tacked onto. Miata, Mustang or otherwise. They are negative cool. This is not some cheesy remake of some bad 70's car film.

Exactly ..............

T.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Must be a difference in the NT555's and the G2's.

10" wheel measures 11" face to face. My old Nitto G2s measured 11.42". So they are wider than the wheel.

My current 10.5" wheel measures 11.5" face to face. I put a 295 tire that measure 11.9" wide on them.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

IIRC your wheel offset is +48mm.. Gabe's Niche Milan's on the other hand are 10" with +40mm offset.. So I'm sure your quite aware that having a larger wheel offset, will result in the wheel getting tucked in further behind the wheel well.. At any rate, you may want to look into adding spacers if you want to push the wheels out from behind the wheel wells in order to provide a wider appearance stance :shrug:

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
IIRC your wheel offset is +48mm.. Gabe's Niche Milan's on the other hand are 10" with +40mm offset.. So I'm sure your quite aware that having a larger wheel offset, will result in the wheel getting tucked in further behind the wheel well.. At any rate, you may want to look into adding spacers if you want to push the wheels out from behind the wheel wells in order to provide a wider appearance stance :shrug:

Rocky, I'm thinking he's changing wheels, moving from the AMRs and their 48mm offset.
He mentioned going do a deep concave wheel. The AMRs are pretty much flat-faced

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My mistake Gabe.. I didn't look back far enough in the thread for his previous posts lol. Therefore I stand corrected :waytogo:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
10" wheel measures 11" face to face. My old Nitto G2s measured 11.42". So they are wider than the wheel.

My current 10.5" wheel measures 11.5" face to face. I put a 295 tire that measure 11.9" wide on them.

Here's a pic of my Nitto NT555 285/30-20's on a 20x10" AMR wheel. Both pictures taken alnog the face of the wheel to show that the wheel itself is wider than the tire.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my Nitto NT555 285/30-20's on a 20x10" AMR wheel. Both picturesidential taken a log the face of the wheel to show that the wheel itself is wider than the tire.

Then Nitto definitely changed something starting with the 555 G2 cuz here's my 275/35/20 on a 20x10 (on the right), next to my 305/40/18 555Rs (on 18x9.5 wheels), they're certainly not 30mm narrower ...
1" is 25.4mm ... this looks like about 3/4" difference
20160728_front305s_03.jpg

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like their "rim protector" on the bead is larger than on the first gen. but if you look at the gap between the atual width of the tread blocks (and not just the width of the tire) then I think there's 20-30mm of tread gap there.

Forgive this crude drawing, but look at the gap between the edge of the tread blocks between the two on the top side and then remember that's doubled because the tire on the left has it's tread blocks on the ground while the tread blocks on the tire on the right are "above the ground" and the wheel/tire combo is really just sitting on the rim protector.

Last edited:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
In the end i have all the confidence that this will work. I've been talking closely with Cam on his setup and my wheel setup is only 1MM different in offset than his and he's clearing a 285/35-20 up front compared to my 285/30-20.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
New wheels finally on. May look into different tire sizes when these are used up. Just got these on last night. Wheels and car still need cleaned. The finish on these wheels is amazing. They're gunmetal to black in overcast or low light but the face of the spokes is bright silver in the direct sun. Took some work to get this much concave to clear the small 4 piston Brembos.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
New wheels finally on. May look into different tire sizes when these are used up. Just got these on last night. Wheels and car still need cleaned. The finish on these wheels is amazing. They're gunmetal to black in overcast or low light but the face of the spokes is bright silver in the direct sun. Took some work to get this much concave to clear the small 4 piston Brembos.

I love your car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back