Remove lower locking rings on coilovers?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Maxed coilovers will give me a raked look if I max out front and rear, right? Can I remove one or two of the locking rings if I wanna lower the rear more? Also won't my front rub when turning? Or will the chamber take care of it naturally?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation where I wanted to lower the rear of my coilovers another 1/2".

But if I removed the locking rings the rear would drop another 1-1.5" which would make me lose all rear end travel and have the tires tuck inside the fender.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation where I wanted to lower the rear of my coilovers another 1/2".

But if I removed the locking rings the rear would drop another 1-1.5" which would make me lose all rear end travel and have the tires tuck inside the fender.

I took out everything in the rear except the springs and then I put back both top and bottom ISOs. Trimmed my bumpstops. No fender gap now. Springs are a bit loose on full droop in the rear. I might fabricate a 1/8 spacer from aluminum to solve this. Those locking perches are like an inch thick.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back