Drag springs + sway bars = weight transfer?

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
This was the exact information I was looking for, how it would react under emergency situations.
So pt 2 of the is survey, lol. How much is gained once you have drag springs and loosing the front sway bar, any back to back comparisons? (I'm fine with disconnecting a link at the track, just curious at the the amount it might cut off a 60' time)

I don't have any back to back comparisons that I could give you, and honestly they may not even be much use. Disconnecting the sway bar will help with weight transfer, but how much time it knocks off your 60' and ET are going to depend on the power, track, rest of the suspension set up, your driver mod, etc... The only way for you to know for sure is to give it a rip and try it out for yourself. I think you'll be happy with the results, though!

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I have ran it both ways (no front bar and just a link disconnected). I felt the car was more stable with no bar on, it also torqued itself really oddly every launch with just a link disconnected. Adding a Whiteline rear bar to the equation on full stiff so we'll see how it works, but the car is going to be like 4100 with driver so it might need a true ARB.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I ditched the front sway bar, the car still doesn't transfer as dramatically as I was expecting to be honest. As far as driving it around, it's fine, the car is so rigid the body roll just isn't there, or at least not like a fox with no sway bar, lol.
To further reduce weight on the nose I pulled the strut tower brace and the brace from BMR that goes between K-member and radiator support for at the same time I dropped the front sway bar.
So now, I have the BMR 068 drag springs on the way for some real weight transfer, enough fckn around, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back