Code P2195 (lean biased bank 1)

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Threw a code 2195, (02 sensor biased stuck lean bank 1). I've read that you shouldn't solder the wires on the 02 sensor. Should I try re-using the existing 02 sensor but reconnect using a crimp connector and shrink wrap over the entire connection, or re-splice in a new 02 sensor using the crimp connection and heat shrink. I'm going to have to at least lower the rear of the trans to get to the damn plug that sits nearly on top of the trans, and also remove the mid-pipe so the engine can tilt back.

The odd thing about the whole ordeal is that the car has had soldered in extensions for the front 02's for a while now with quite a few miles with no problems and all of the sudden the soldered connections are causing this???

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Solder joints if not done properly can corrode internally over time. Too much solder, poor cleaning after the joint has been made, and cold solder joints caused by the solder being disturbed before it cools properly can cause problems down the road. There is a lot more to soldering than blobbing a glob across two wires. Resin which helps clean the surfaces being joined will continue to clean causing corrosion afterward if not fully cleaned off. This increases resistance in the circuit.

As the the specifics of crimping O2 sensors vice soldering them I am not aware of anything.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Thanks Redfire. Anybody know if the factory right o2 sensor will reach with long-tubes if the harness is unfastened from on top of the trans? I know some people are using the Raptor 6.2 sensors simply to get the added length of the sensor's harness for long-tubes, but they're definitely more expensive than the Coyote Mustang sensors, to the tune of 211$ locally!

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I'm thinking the sensor just simply expired, as I replaced it and the problem is gone. I did eliminate the extender, but the other side's still doing fine, and I also extended that one when I did the headers last fall.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back