Added Cams

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Got some Detroit Rocker cams installed. Got them used, did install myself, took about 5-5.5 hours total to install. Had a Brenspeed tune already so got it updated and love these bad boys. Can't wait to get the 4.10's sitting in my garage installed now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udZDC_VFbAU&spfreload=5

Attachments

• 20170512_202534.jpg
    20170512_202534.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170512_202527.jpg
    20170512_202527.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got some Detroit Rocker cams installed. Got them used, did install myself, took about 5-5.5 hours total to install. Had a Brenspeed tune already so got it updated and love these bad boys. Can't wait to get the 4.10's sitting in my garage installed now.

Video is not working I don't think it gives an Error message.
icon9.gif

Many years ago I ran a set for awhile on mine.

Those cams do sound nice and they actually do work for additional power.

A buddy of mine runs those with his Paxton S/C.

Terry

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure why i can't get it to work right, i'll keep messing with it.

(EDIT 5 MIN LATER) got the video to work.

06JET they sound awesome, all i want to do is just sit and listen to it idle, well that and get it above 3k rpm (just seems to scream now up there)

Only thing i've noticed is my mpg dropped quite a bit and if it sits at idle for awhile seems like its running rich, is that normal or should i have the brenspeed team have me do some datalogging to work on my tune?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure why i can't get it to work right, i'll keep messing with it.

(EDIT 5 MIN LATER) got the video to work.

06JET they sound awesome, all i want to do is just sit and listen to it idle, well that and get it above 3k rpm (just seems to scream now up there)

Only thing i've noticed is my mpg dropped quite a bit and if it sits at idle for awhile seems like its running rich, is that normal or should i have the brenspeed team have me do some datalogging to work on my tune?

If it were mine I would contact Brenspeed and tell them exactly what's happening now.

Be "Specific" !!!

I did not notice really any major change in my MPG running them but to be honest I doubt at that time I even really payed much attention.

My approach to Fuel Economy doing performance changes is, it's simply what it is. LOL !!!

Hope you get it all worked out ...........

Terry

Last edited:

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not "worried" about my mpg too much as I didn't buy the car for the mpgs. Just more making sure its running the best possible.

It very well could be that i'm running it harder with a heavier foot because new performance mods will do that.

i'll be contacting them for sure, i've been happy with their work so far.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not "worried" about my mpg too much as I didn't buy the car for the mpgs. Just more making sure its running the best possible.

It very well could be that i'm running it harder with a heavier foot because new performance mods will do that.

i'll be contacting them for sure, i've been happy with their work so far.
Travis,

Brenspeed has had those cams for many-many years now.

So I have no-doubt that Brent has the tuning for them down pat.

I ran them myself many years ago and a lot of the guys I know ran them over time.

They sound nice and like I said actually do provide an increase in Performance.

And your right when we make changes that add to the performance we {Automatically} drive a heck of a lot harder. :clap:

Terry

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Ran the Detroit Rockers on my 05. Local guy re-tuned, found more power and cleaned up the drive ability. It was a gentle giant to drive after he was done. I used to have all of the specs on them. At one time a customer received his with the spec sheet enclosed. It got posted on line. I happened to find it and provided it to my tuner when he tuned my car. I believe this is them. Had to do some searching to locate them again.

Intake
DESIGN ID: 19207 ID NUMBER: 19207
LOBE LIFT: .450
DURATION AT 50: 234.00 AT 200: 179.00 OFFSET AT 50: .4
CHECK HEIGHT: .006
DURATION AT CK HEIGHT: 273.00
ADVERTISED DURATION: 273 OFFSET: 2.6
VALVE LASH:
INTAKE LIFT AT 106: .103 AT 110: .081
EXHAUST LIFT AT 106: .105 AT 110: .084

Exhaust
DESIGN ID: 19216 ID NUMBER: 19216
LOBE LIFT: .450
DURATION AT 50: 239.00 AT 200: 180.00 OFFSET AT 50: .4
CHECK HEIGHT: .006
DURATION AT CK HEIGHT: 282.00
ADVERTISED DURATION: 282 OFFSET: 3.2
VALVE LASH:
INTAKE LIFT AT 106: .112 AT 110: .092
EXHAUST LIFT AT 106: .114 AT 110: .093

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back