May 2010 Car Of The Month: Againstallodds1

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
P4290142-1.jpg

AgainstAllOdds1 2005 Mustang GT

This month we have what was one of the quickest and fastest 2.3 Saleen supercharged cars on this site. As a matter of fact, the only Saleen supercharged car that was faster was the JDM car. So how fast is it you say? How about a best ET of 9.996 @ 136.30 mph with a 1.412 60' time! Lets dig deeper into this beast to see what makes it tick....

This potent combo starts with not just your ordinary 2.3L Saleen supercharger. No--this one has been ported by Modern Muscle Motorsports and is also wearing a Whipple monoblade 1600 cfm throttle body. This supercharger is pushed hard with a 2.75 top pulley and a 18% overdrive Innovators West bottom pulley! A pair of Comp Cams 127350s tickle the valves in the Livernois Stage III heads. All this to feed the 298 cid stroker built by JDM. Ah, so now it starting to make sense....

056-1.jpg

But getting all of this power to the rear wheels is another story. Paul replaced the stock transmission with a Lentech 4R70W with a transbrake and reverse manual valve body. Power then goes to the 8.8 rearend with 3.73 gears and M/T 325/50/15 drag radials on Bogart wheels. A BMR anti-roll bar with BMR upper/lower control arms keeps the suspension working like it should.

Here is the parts list:

Saleen Supercharger tuned and ported by Modern Muscle Motorsports
Whipple Monoblade polished throttle body
18% IW over drive pulley
2.75 supercharger pulley
Meziere waterpump
MSD two step
Lentech 4R70w trans with transbrake manual valve body
3.73 gears 8.8 rear
BMR anti roll bar, upper and lower control arms and sway bar delete
Bogart billet lite wheels
Mickey Thompson 325-50-15 drag radials
JDM 298 stroker
Livernois stage 3 heads with limiters
Comp cams 127350s

So, that is your 9.996 combo. BUT.........that wasn't good enough for Paul. No, he wanted to go faster. So what to do? Go Turbo, thats what.

P4060108-1.jpg

As with many of us, the car will never really be finished. Paul has decided to replace the 2.3 Saleen supercharger with a Hellion 76mm ball bearing turbo. He also upgraded the fuel system and currently has a dual GT500 pump set up with dual KB Boost-a-pumps. Currently he is shaking out some Gremlins (see his avatar), but soon he will be tearing up the track once more.

Parts List (round 2):

Hellion Turbo kit
76mm Turbonetics Ball bearing turbo
Evolution wastegate
AEM true boost controller
Glow shift oil pressure with warning light
Fog light delete billet grill
GT 500 fuel system with Kenne Bell dual boost a pump

Paul is 32 years old is an auto mechanic. He is also helping out his buddy who owns a shop in the NJ area. He has an 11 month old daughter named Ella and is soon to be married! Maybe he can register at some of the vendors here......haha

P4060115-1.jpg

Last edited:

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
very nice car... very worthy for COTM

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys. Its been a journey that we all been down with our cars. Now its about time that i get some new track times with the turbo kit. I need to put a cover on that exhaust housing of the turbo.
Thanks for the car of the month!!!!!!!!!!!:highfive:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys. Its been a journey that we all been down with our cars. Now its about time that i get some new track times with the turbo kit. I need to put a cover on that exhaust housing of the turbo.
Thanks for the car of the month!!!!!!!!!!!:highfive:
No my friend we haven't all been down that path I haven't even got into looking for anything other then bolt ons and you have already gone F/I twice. DAMN ME! Congrats nice car!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice for COTM. Hope to see this thing run sometime soon at Atco

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back