Build, smash, rebuild, destroy, repeat... My "build" thread.. here we go

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I have a question pertaining your suspension setup. What is your coilovers set to as far as stiffness and rebound and such? Also what is your toe and camber set to? I really dont know as much about suspension as I would like and I know alot of it has to do with what feels "right" to the driver but any input in a general direction would be awesome.

Thanks,
Drew

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

As far as suspension goes I can answer what i know off the top of my head. I have everything written down at the shop but I will have to get back to you with it.

I have a slight toe in. Nothing crazy. Honestly last time I just set it by eye lol
Camber is negative 3 degrees
I run the coilovers in a fairly soft setting. I dont go crazy as I would rather have a car that absorbs bumps instead of jumping them.

I will have to post up with exact numbers later. Sorry

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, another quick update. I got to take the front end apart completely and figure out just how bent up everything was. Now remember, the front end didnt take a direct hit at all. I went rear first into the k-rail. But, the car got airborne and the first thing that hit the ground when it came down was the passenger front tire at about a 45 degree angle. So, the following pics are what happens when you violently drop 3345 pounds on one corner of your car.

Okay, first off, here is the passenger front lower control arm compared to the driver:

driver side nice and straight
29.jpg

tweaked passenger side.
28.jpg

You can clearly see the difference in the angle of the bushings on the car to see that the passenger side is bent. You cant see it as well but it is also bent where the paint has flaked off in the middle. This caused all sorts of whacky problems when I tried to drive the car after the accident. The caster was WAY off not to mention my ackerman and all sorts of other little things. It was also putting the tie rod in all sorts of bind which caused this:

22.jpg

That is the passenger side tie rod looking not so healthy. This piece is actually a new one that was replaced after the accident. The one that was on the car during the hit got bent into almost a 90 degree shape. This one got bent just from the weird angles caused by the control arm being jacked up.

This is also funny and shows how a sway bar transmits energy from one side of the car to the other. Remember that the passenger side wheel hit the ground first and thats where the everything got bent. But, the driver side sway bar link got hit worse than the passenger side.. Oh physics lol

driver side
23.jpg

passenger side with less damage even tho this side took the brunt off the car's weight
21.jpg

Okay so, next on the list is moving my abs pump from its normal location here:

24.jpg

to tucked in beside the master here:

26.jpg

I was considering just getting rid of the abs but the cars brakes work great for what I do so I dont really want to change anything. It also wont be very challenging to move either. Ford conveniently put two junctions right under the master cylinder area that I can splice into to run the rear brakes. And the fronts will obviously be pretty easy as well. While Im under there I will probably install a hydro ebrake as well. I like the factory one but the cables are easily broken and Im tired of messing with them.

27.jpg

On the passenger side I have this mess to deal with.
25.jpg

32.jpg

The tire was killing the wiring to the main fuse box and causing all sorts of problems. So, Im relocating the fuse box to the factory battery location. Its going to take a little time but it will be worth it.

Anyway, thats all for now. This is how its sitting right now
35.jpg

its sitting over here too.. lol
13.jpg

The pile of mustang scrap is growing as well.

12.jpg

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Are you staying with the same color and keeping a semi stock look or are you going with something flashy?

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
ouch, looks like a hard hit, good luck with getting it back up and drifting again.

ive got a slightly twisted trunk you can have for shipping cost only if your interested from my rearending a month ago.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/36506143

Here is a fun video my friend Aaron Losey of Fabricatedmotorsports.com shot of the shop. Shows a few of the cars up there being built and Marty cutting up the rear of the mustang.

enjoy

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score
I Personally got to see this vehicle in action and i have to say it sets the bar way higher in my ming for what a mustang can do. this guy was out here beating the tar out of M3's, suped up 350z's ...etc. This guy throws this car around like its his dick

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Those videos are awesome man! Your doing what so many people on here wish they could do.

On a side note, are you going to be selling that third brake light on the trunk? lol I'll give you a few bucks for it

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Sweet!! I really want to start drifting, but I don't wanna fuck up my car! Keep it up!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back