2nd Annual 5.0 Shootout date!!!!!!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
This really isn't an organization. With singles power adder cars in classes with twins the twins usually are heavily penalized usually.

So what about twin superchargers? Could you fab up twin blowers and be good to go?

Who knows, I have no skin in the game this year, was just curious how that works out in case I can get my stuff all the way across the country next time. Would be a blast to run with the top dogs.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Twins are a single power adder, I confirmed with Adam

ok I guess we'll bring our single kit cars to the show and at least take out the majority of the twins.

Also I thought the twin air to water intercooler was on the standard kits? Do you have alpha/beta 1 with an a/a or is that a trick H/E

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
ok I guess we'll bring our single kit cars to the show and at least take out the majority of the twins.

Also I thought the twin air to water intercooler was on the standard kits? Do you have alpha/beta 1 with an a/a or is that a trick H/E

That's a heat exchanger. Alpha 1 has a dual pass Afco and Alpha 2 has a 2010 Shelby. Both modified to fit our setup. We will have our own HE for the production kit. Will be similar to the Shelby.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Correct. Your old shop built Vinnies car that currently holds the record (not for long) for the 3v with a big stuff 3 ( 8.45 right )
We currently and will probably forever hold the 3v STOCK Electronics record with JB's car 8.48 :clap: (There's 1 you don't have, could you imagine what that would have ran with a BS3)

wanna bet who holds the stock electronic record when this is done?

IMG_20120828_114305.jpg

GTRO is going to crush the 3v record in about a month been 8.55 on it's second time out so soon enough and that's a Single Turbo :oops1:

I sure hope so. It's been 3 years....still waiting for someone to beat it. Once he does, I'll take it back with my car.

It is a street car just like Justin's is a street car. If Justin's car can survive Myrtle Beach traffic and O.C. crusin' week traffic which is crazy then enough said.

I'm not going to get into a street car argument. But I am curious as to what it weighs. I heard it weighs closer to what a Race car would weight. :)

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
wanna bet who holds the stock electronic record when this is done?
Yes. You'll need more than that.
Work on the 3v 281ci record 1st 8.89

I sure hope so. It's been 3 years....still waiting for someone to beat it. Once he does, I'll take it back with my car.
Time & Money is what those things are all about you know that. If we had the time we could have done more with JB's car but I'm sure the same with Vinny as far as lowering it or getting near his best time.

I'm not going to get into a street car argument. But I am curious as to what it weighs. I heard it weighs closer to what a Race car would weight. :)
It's around 3375-3400lbs depending on fuel in the stock fuel tank. Not to bad, no use to have a street car argument everything is a street car it's a matter of opinion.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. You'll need more than that.
Work on the 3v 281ci record 1st 8.89

Wanna bet? I'm going to do it with A/C too to rub it in. Just remember the last time JPC had a 3V bet with me they lost. Remember the match race?

It's around 3375-3400lbs depending on fuel in the stock fuel tank. Not to bad, no use to have a street car argument everything is a street car it's a matter of opinion.

Agreed. Labels are gay. Just want the facts

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Wanna bet? I'm going to do it with A/C too to rub it in. Just remember the last time JPC had a 3V bet with me they lost. Remember the match race?
Yes, he tree'd ole rusty JB all three runs :( but Justin did out ET him 2 out of 3 and reset the record at that point. No he did not win in the end but left with what matter :clap:

Agreed. Labels are gay. Just want the facts
Agree. You know JB Rocked AC/ PS for years and ran 8's a bunch with them.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Whats the fastest 3v stock longblock street weight record? And before Tommy or Eric talk about McD's car, I mean in an S197.

JPC boys, whats the fastest one of your 5.0 single kits has gone? Didn't think Ryan has run his and I was pretty sure Al was only running high 10's?? I'm just curious. I really want to see Al and Sean race. Little JPC customer vs PBTH customer race with stock bottom ends anyways.

Just readying the past 2 pages has given me a great amount of Joy. All of these shops have paved the way for a lot of people in the racing community and I'm glad for it. All this talk may lead me taking off Monday to come down and enjoy the fun.

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
MT-82 vs auto? I would have my work cut out for me

We have a stick car (mt82) we can bring

Whats the fastest 3v stock longblock street weight record? And before Tommy or Eric talk about McD's car, I mean in an S197.

JPC boys, whats the fastest one of your 5.0 single kits has gone? Didn't think Ryan has run his and I was pretty sure Al was only running high 10's?? I'm just curious. I really want to see Al and Sean race. Little JPC customer vs PBTH customer race with stock bottom ends anyways.

Just readying the past 2 pages has given me a great amount of Joy. All of these shops have paved the way for a lot of people in the racing community and I'm glad for it. All this talk may lead me taking off Monday to come down and enjoy the fun.

I wouldn't know what the "official" Record is but we went 10.20 on a stock motor back in march of 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
What is street weight lol? I don't know who has the stock s197 longblock record, does it have to be a certain color car? Ken should know they have all the records......... ---------->poke lol.. Justin ran a 10.20 in MARCH of 2005 with a 3650. But gave up on the lost cause of the stock engines. He went an 8.89 with an out the box Aluminator which I think is pretty impressive ??

Ryan like to run around in that car and play, he's has his big turbo car to worry about our 1st kit we did last year went 10.91 @ 132mph with stock everything including mufflers and a 6 speed manual. We're working on getting that unit back out on the track soon if he can make it and twist the boost up. We're working on Al's also I think he's street weight (LOL) around 4000lbs how much is the PBTH car?

You should it should be awesome. They will allow your car to run down the track also if I was reading all the details correct.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I did see the part about the t&t which was also interesting but i'd be worried too much about my car and not as much about the fun you boys will be having.

When I say street weight i mean like nothing removed but say a spare tire. Did JB's 10.2 have reduced weight? I know my car won't ever be that fast at this weight. I'm mainly just wondering how far I am off of the big boys. I don't want to cut down on your racing for oil and spare parts all over the 1000' foot mark at the shoot out either!

I'm decently happy with my 11.071, but would like to put that into the 10.9xx. Just pretty hard to do when i'm still making the pass with 20's up front and 17s in the rear. I'm sure on slicks and skinnys I could make a 10s pass happen. Just trying to compare my ability with the 3650.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
lol...damn i really didnt mean to make this into an arguement lol. Ken I take back my comment about johns car. Maybe no expense wasn't sparred. I know what that engine from L&M would cost me though....and its a lot. I still disagree 100% about building these cars fast though. I may not be as recognized as you but ive been racing and running mustangs for over 15 years, and the fastest ones have the most money in them. As far as the new 5.0's, its not a mystery as to what makes them go fast.....Big Blower, Big Fuel, Auto trans/convertor, maybe a hit of nitrous out the hole and all the other little knick knacks that add up to what I know is in every one of those cars that comes out of these shops. Then you get a couple private track rentals, run it 50-100 times and BAMMMMM. All that takes time and lots and lots of money. You esentially invented a unique way of getting there with your own tt kit, thats why you deserve the credit, but to throw a huge whipple on a car with lots of boost and add every other supporting mod and think you have some secret recipe is a joke. Im not saying anything you dont already know, but to get from 10.5 to 9.5 takes money and more money. Now since i have started this inadvertantly I now feel obligated to show up that monday to watch you guys battle it out....good luck.

Evolution Performance

forum member
Reaction score
lol...damn i really didnt mean to make this into an arguement lol. Ken I take back my comment about johns car. Maybe no expense wasn't sparred. I know what that engine from L&M would cost me though....and its a lot. I still disagree 100% about building these cars fast though. I may not be as recognized as you but ive been racing and running mustangs for over 15 years, and the fastest ones have the most money in them. As far as the new 5.0's, its not a mystery as to what makes them go fast.....Big Blower, Big Fuel, Auto trans/convertor, maybe a hit of nitrous out the hole and all the other little knick knacks that add up to what I know is in every one of those cars that comes out of these shops. Then you get a couple private track rentals, run it 50-100 times and BAMMMMM. All that takes time and lots and lots of money. You esentially invented a unique way of getting there with your own tt kit, thats why you deserve the credit, but to throw a huge whipple on a car with lots of boost and add every other supporting mod and think you have some secret recipe is a joke. Im not saying anything you dont already know, but to get from 10.5 to 9.5 takes money and more money. Now since i have started this inadvertantly I now feel obligated to show up that monday to watch you guys battle it out....good luck.

Keith, it doesn't just take Money....

You have to know what works and what doesn't.

Just because we have a certain combination working doesn't mean another shop could do it and produce the same results.

On September 24th, 2012 we will show what works in all the classes.... :whip:

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Well hopefully i can make it down and see if this so called top secret big whipple can hang with the big boys:whistling:

mosth8d

Reaction score
this is goin to be a fun day and alot of smack talk neone bringing a swap car thats the class ill be in cant wait to go slow

Revolution automotive ftw

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back