8.2@167 - 6R80 and Whipple 2.9L - WOWZA

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Many of you know the car. Anthony took the car to the track last night and myself and the tuner (Ken Bjonnes) provided full track support in an effort to try and break into the 8.1XX range.

The ET goal was not met, but he did run a string of 8.20s! With the best / last two passes being back-to-back 8.28 then 8.26!

This 3850lb car GETS DOWN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_cuy-yiIA

travelers

Reaction score
That's some real good times, congrats. What was the 60foot time? Well IE 11 doesn't show a video or at least on my laptop it doesn't. Chrome works good.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I know the tuner is on point. What brand suspension is in the car? LOL! Sorry had to do it. That is some pretty bad ass stuff. Realistic expectations to see 7.90s?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
What the HECK? Private video? Ken B is the bee's knees for tuning. He used to be a local tuner in my area. Tuned three of my vehicles at one point or another.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I'm also refreshed seeing times like this from anything else aside from turbo for a change!! Good job for everyone involved with this car, it's flyin!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is the 6R80 that has been upgraded with the Exedy Clutch Kit and a billet intermediate shaft. Pretty basic build.

Thx, pet peeve of mine when things get post with words like "stock trans", "stock block" etc.... when there are mods that have been made.

Like when the LS nutswingers say "cam only" when the car has intake, exhaust, ported heads... etc etc

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Thx, pet peeve of mine when things get post with words like "stock trans", "stock block" etc.... when there are mods that have been made.

Like when the LS nutswingers say "cam only" when the car has intake, exhaust, ported heads... etc etc

I race with an LS guy who always tells people it's a "junk-yard LS", and the damn thing's been stroked to 406ci or something. He used to have a different turbo'd LS in an old truck, and he referred to it a "budget build", and I know he had at least 2000$ into his fuel system alone, hahaha. LS people are something else, that's for sure!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for making that public. I'm sitting here with goose bumps from those passes. LOL! SO SWEET!

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

Same here. I can't stand the phrase "cam only".

PONY UP

forum member
Reaction score
Who was the tuner, need to get ours tuned thinking about taking it to Pickup's plus Car's in Columbus.The tuner is supposed to be great with Tang's, who do you like.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
That launch is a thing of beauty. DA at 2400 feet....fricken awful. I think he will hit his ET goals in the fall no doubt.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back