What have you done to your house today

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Cam, that living room area looks identical to the one I had in Ohio. wow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We found an airplane hangar on 5 acres that has been converted into a 2800 sq ft 2 story home and 10 car garage. We are going to look at it monday, cant wait.

I have just a hair under 5 acres. I have zero complaints save for one. It takes 3-3.5 hours to mow all of it in one shot. I use a commercial zero turn mower. Often at full speed. If the beginning of the growing season it needs mowing twice a week. By middle/end of July I am down to once a week or less. In the fall it goes back to at least once a week before going dormant for winter.

Good luck!!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just swapped all the door knobs in my house for levers. Fourteen in total. A small change but nice with the knobs being so close to the door frame I was hitting my knuckles on the frame regularly.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Levers rock. I have levers on all the entry doors but still have knobs on the bedroom and bathroom doors.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is the listing,

https://www.weichert.com/66629911/

^^^
Now that sounds ideal....

It was an awesome place.

That sounds awesome? Where is it at?

Roughly 10 miles from where we live now but further out in a rural area. Its in an airport community, good part is you dont have to own an aiplane to live there.

DUDE!!!!!
That's awesome!

It was!

Closing on my first house today at 10...

Congrats brother.

I have just a hair under 5 acres. I have zero complaints save for one. It takes 3-3.5 hours to mow all of it in one shot. I use a commercial zero turn mower. Often at full speed. If the beginning of the growing season it needs mowing twice a week. By middle/end of July I am down to once a week or less. In the fall it goes back to at least once a week before going dormant for winter.

Good luck!!

We currently have 3 acres and have a Mahindra tractor and a Craftsman rider. Im no stranger to mowing.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
James, the listing said it was a third of an acre, not 5 acres. Is that common property or is the listing wrong?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The listing is for that lot and 2 others on either side of it. It also says the home is 1800 sq ft which is wrong.

Master Bdrm: 32x30
Master Bath: 11x6
Bedroom 2: 19x11
Bedroom 3: 19x11
Dining Room: 17x19
Family Room: 60x28

Master Bath: 11x6
Bedroom 2: 19x11
Bedroom 3: 19x11
Dining Room: 17x19
Family Room: 60x28
Kitchen: 29x32
Other Room: 11x8
Other Room 2: 28x7
Other Room Use: BAR
Other Room-2 Use: BALCONEY

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A.) Is there a runway?
B.) Can you do high speed runs on it?

Put in a transfer switch for a generator. Pretty nice set-up and easy to install. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Reliance-306LRK-6-Circuit-Transfer-Switch-Kit-P2/50436688

Congrats to all of the new homeowners.

Wife and I did that last year and used it this past spring when a big windstorm knocked power out for a few days. I just had it set up for essential systems (heat/well water/hot water/refrigerators/etc...). We expected power to be out for at least a day or two. Got lucky and our power was back in a few hours. But we were ready. Lot's of people were not and whined like babies about it.

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
139cde8857ac4e321386c555c10fe4e6.jpg
869a789b9d3a3810555f0221f19ffdd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Turned it upside down looking for that damn SCT X4 to no avail. I did find the charger for my tablet, my PSP and a spare key to the apt I used to live in...

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Turned it upside down looking for that damn SCT X4 to no avail. I did find the charger for my tablet, my PSP and a spare key to the apt I used to live in...

Shameless plug. If needed I have a co worker that has an unmarried X4 with 5 available tune slots. He is looking for 275.00 shipped. It was initially purchased from Bama

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Did some more home shopping yesterday, and started unpacking my "car room" in the basement. Started my stay-cation on Friday and excited to get the house together and tackle some small projects.

Going to grab more stuff from storage today and possibly TV shop for a 75"

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Did some more home shopping yesterday, and started unpacking my "car room" in the basement. Started my stay-cation on Friday and excited to get the house together and tackle some small projects.

Going to grab more stuff from storage today and possibly TV shop for a 75"

If you are going to go that big have you considered a projector? Maybe the room is too bright for one? I've been researching them and am 99% sure my next purchase will be a projector over a tv for big screen size.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
If you are going to go that big have you considered a projector? Maybe the room is too bright for one? I've been researching them and am 99% sure my next purchase will be a projector over a tv for big screen size.

Yup we have an Epson movie mate and a pull down projector and love it

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It wouldn't work for me well since I don't watch TV with the lights off - strains my eyes too much. Plus I feel like the edges on a projector aren't as defined. It's been a few years but last I remembered.

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
It wouldn't work for me well since I don't watch TV with the lights off - strains my eyes too much. Plus I feel like the edges on a projector aren't as defined. It's been a few years but last I remembered.

both things are still true need the lights out and edges are not crystal clear

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back