Omg! Omg! Omg!

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
On Cloud 9 here, guys!

50 yrs old..never bought a house.
Received pre-approval letter yesterday from lender.

TIME TO START LOOKING!!!

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I feel ya. I bought my first home just 3 years ago. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking you just found out Kate Upton had accepted your prom invitation. LOL!

Congrats.

10 acres and a three car garage with a studio loft above if I could do it all over again.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AAAAAAAND let the free time be over!!! Congrats! Just purchased our first house in August and have been busy ever since lol.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thought you gave up on us, Chris! Glad to see you back on the forum again. I can think of tons of advice to share, but I'll stick with this for now. Buy in an unincorporated area and preferably a property without somebody else's house right behind you. There is no such thing as too much privacy.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought you gave up on us, Chris! Glad to see you back on the forum again. I can think of tons of advice to share, but I'll stick with this for now. Buy in an unincorporated area and preferably a property without somebody else's house right behind you. There is no such thing as too much privacy.

Truth!!

Congrats Chris!!!!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

This!

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
well done!

Ignore the decor & furniture - all that can be changed, it's the actual structure and location that's important

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice BP! So you have been renting all these years?

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Nice BP! So you have been renting all these years?

Yup.
Since I moved out of my grandmothers house when I turned 18.
Shit happened along the way that hampered purchasing...a dad before I turned 19, then another when I turned 25, couple of divorces...just bad decisions on my part. Finally figured it out...get my nuts clipped and stay single.

Seriously though, bad decisions along the way...some I made, some forced on me.

I currently live in an apartment where I'm paying enough rent to afford a $250k house payment...$1165 is my current rent. I also rent a small shop for my biz to the tune of $230 month. Combined, almost $1400 month. Like to find something so I can move my shop to my property and save that $230 rent payment, too.

Honestly, I'm tired of shelling out money like that for rent, or hell, I don't even want a mortgage that much. I'd love to find something where the payments are in the $600-700 range and have a couple acres.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If you do get a place with 600-700 per month payments on a 30 year mortgage, then you'd be wise to go ahead and keep paying 1100-1200 per month and pay that bitch off in less than 10 years. You will save close to 150K in interest that way.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I currently live in an apartment where I'm paying enough rent to afford a $250k house payment...$1165 is my current rent.

Shit, rent like that around here gets you some decent Penthouses. Anything nice though is like $800+/mo. Anything less is usually ghetto areas.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back