My 'headfirst leap into the world of drifting' thread

Aureus

Reaction score
Havent updated in a little while so here's whats going on. Ran two events since late June. One at NHMS and finally, finally got to run the road course at Lime Rock! Running on a road course is such a different experience from 'cone-hunting' in a parking lot. The line is much easier to follow and the whole course flows much better.

This coming weekend I'm helping run a drift event for HIN at NHMS and then its back to Lime Rock next weekend! I'm going to try out a pair of Federal 595s at Lime Rock to see how they last, I'll keep everyone posted and try to upload some more vids!

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet, thought I'd chime in and saw welcome to the dark side :) Always happy to see more American muscle out there drifting. I'm in the PA/NJ area and besides dafridgea (Anthony) and I, there's really not too many drift mustangs.

If you're interested you can see our updated progress here: www.driftlogix.com. I really need to update my sig; the car doesn't look like that all anymore :)

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
This vid from last month shows how badly I need a race seat... Also a new camera mount too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4Gmfm6QjY

A good seat is by far one of the best investments you can make. That was one of the first things I did to my car when I started drifting and my knees were very thankful. I used to have black and blue marks on both sides from trying to hold myself in.

Aureus

Reaction score
A good seat is by far one of the best investments you can make. That was one of the first things I did to my car when I started drifting and my knees were very thankful. I used to have black and blue marks on both sides from trying to hold myself in.

You know after my first event my knees were all banged up and bruised and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why... I finally started paying attention to what my legs were doing and quickly figured it out as well haha.

Aureus

Reaction score
Im actually headed up to NH on Sunday to look at 95 GT with the 5.0 as a potential missile car project. I'll update as necessary.

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Nice... missile car is the way to go! I kind of wish I didn't convert my 06 into a full drift race car at this point. I wouldn't care as much if I had a nice fox body or something I could thrash on instead. But, at the point I realized that I already had a full cage and no interior and it was too late to go back.

Aureus

Reaction score
Nice... missile car is the way to go! I kind of wish I didn't convert my 06 into a full drift race car at this point. I wouldn't care as much if I had a nice fox body or something I could thrash on instead. But, at the point I realized that I already had a full cage and no interior and it was too late to go back.

Thats exactly where I'm at right now. If I stop sliding my 06 soon I can save it from becoming a beat box drifter. If I keep going into next season with it I may as well gut it and cage it and call it a day...

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
i have found these are the best things to make these tanks handle better

coilovers-i have BC and ordered them with 1KG/MM stiffer springs front and rear. If i were going to drift the car alot I would have got 2 or 3 KG/MM stiffer.
sway bars--Have white lines helped alot
every link in the rear replaced with something adjustable
remove steering stops (helps with more angle) or simply have the knuckles modified.

I saw where someone asked where you would get a tire with no traction. Drifting is about control it is not about feeling like you are on black ice.

Personally I like Nitto Nt-05 or Hankook RS-3 in the front. Rears If i have money to blow federal 595 is good, Hankook Evo V12, or there is an off brand I like called Goodrides. All of these work well for me.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Mustang drift cars are in the minority, in the bay area I bet you will see few perhaps none. They are generally few and far between.

fuelculture

Reaction score
You should come down to Clubloose in New Jersey and drift at an event or two! It's a blast.

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
You also have Drift Nirvana at Summit Point, but it might be a bit far. I've been going for about 7 years in different cars. This year, I have just been sticking to the skid pad (due to new rules/regs) to learn the driving style of the mustang (other than local roads late at night). The 100 drifters/200 drifters of December at Summit Point is awesome with people that come from everywhere.

Club Loose events are one of the best on the East coast, for sure. As I get older, the road trips suck more and more, so I tend to stick to the 2 hour driving range.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back