Garage Automation

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone's automated their garage? I would like to be able to open/close with phone since I'm always changing vehicles and keep forgetting the damn clicker.

What do you have?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you do this with your phone? That would be awesome.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Yup there's a bunch of options. You can do it with a modern garage opener but there's a bunch of attachment options out there.

My fiance has one called GDOOZ Z Wave Garage Door Controller installed as part of her home alarm system.

Amazon.com: GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller, Small, Black: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mR-vfm7WL.@@AMEPARAM@@41mR-vfm7WL

I know you can also do it with a Smartthings Hub and there's a quite a few more options out there.

http://blog.smartthings.com/how-to/monitor-control-automate-garage-door/

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lots of different options. They also let you know if its open or not. I would like one to, but haven't got around to looking into them more.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know about the other options, but skip the Chamberlain MyQ stuff. Users report false positives on open events, etc, making it unreliable from a 'is my garage door open or closed?' perspective. I'd always be wondering without a remote camera confirmation...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know about the other options, but skip the Chamberlain MyQ stuff. Users report false positives on open events, etc, making it unreliable from a 'is my garage door open or closed?' perspective. I'd always be wondering without a remote camera confirmation...

I would also like a camera in the garage to. I want them everywhere on my house, not so much for security reasons, but would love to see whats going on around my house when I am gone.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you could always install a homelink mirror in the mustang and never have to bring the clicker into it again

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I just have a multitude of standard remotes so don't move them between vehicles

I would also like a camera in the garage to. I want them everywhere on my house, not so much for security reasons, but would love to see whats going on around my house when I am gone.

Exactly instead of having sensors on garage doors, I have camera across them. It's almost worse i.m.o. to get a sensor alarm, be a good ways from home and not know if its false alarm or something actually going on
wz9MDTk.jpg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly instead of having sensors on garage doors, I have camera across them. It's almost worse i.m.o. to get a sensor alarm, be a good ways from home and not know if its false alarm or something actually going on
wz9MDTk.jpg

Perfect positioning of the camera! Exactly what I would like.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back