Paint damage

Jpw291

Reaction score
So the paint on my back bumper looks like the previous owner decided to take some sandpaper and have a good time... Is there any way to repair this without repainting?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Take it to a detailer (good one) or body shop. Doesn't look like it is through the clear.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh man, its all over now. Nothing to do except trade it in for a 2016. It might buff out if it isn't through the clear as stated above.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The fuck is the logic behind that damage?

Jpw291

Reaction score
Thanks Weatherman I will probably end up doing that.

Zman I would absolutely love to!! Haha my bank account however says otherwise....

Wes I have no idea, it's awful and the only bad spot on the car minus some normal paint chips.

Det_Riot

Reaction score
It's like he tried wetsanding poorly? Absolutely take it to a professional detailed who will wet sand/cut/buff/polish and get their opinion. It should be salvageable but you can never tell in pictures

Jpw291

Reaction score
It's like he tried wetsanding poorly? Absolutely take it to a professional detailed who will wet sand/cut/buff/polish and get their opinion. It should be salvageable but you can never tell in pictures

Yeah its bad... Not sure if there is more damage underneath all the scratches but it doesn't feel super deep so I am hoping a detailer will be able to get them out... I actually have a detailer at my office buidling that does really good work, I will end up taking it to them one day before work.. Working in a very rich area does have its benefits... haha

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I had a green Bullitt at my dealership with the EXACT same thing on the back bumper. Just looks like the paint faded off more than anything.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing from sitting out in the sun every day. A good detailer/body shop should be able to fix it. I opted to have it repainted.

Jpw291

Reaction score
Oh interesting haha well I just need to figure out a time to get it into the detailer ... I was slightly hoping that it would need repainting so I could somewhat justify a GT/CS bumper hahaha

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Well ya never know. You could just pretend it needs to be replaced with a GT/CS for good measure ;)

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
That paint is horrible it's damaged all the way down to the plastic, no choice but to get a new bumper cover now. What a shame..... Lol

Jpw291

Reaction score
Hahaha there we go!! That's what I am looking for. But I think I have decided to do some hot rod cams before I do the bumper....

BigSkyGT

Not your daddy.
Reaction score
The paint on my front bumper cover had a similar look to it. I tried to wet sand and buff it out. Found a new take off on eBay and just replaced it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back