product selection for a novice

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
this past holiday season i picked up a HD griots buffer,, with a 6" backing plate and some misc pads that came with the kit. im pretty familiar with finishes, technique, etc. despite knowing my way around a buffer, im not a seasoned detailer. im looking for some product recommendation. i was considering just trying the griots compounds that are available locally. reason being im reluctant to pull the trigger on the premium stuff until i have a better working concept and can utilize those products efficiently.

is the griots stuff worthwhile (my car is highland green, 21,xxx miles, clean overall just needs a buff) or should i look into something else? i also have a silver s40 as a DD that id like to buff as well. i guess what im looking for is a jack of all trades kind of system until i get a solid grasp on things. ive used 3m products before with success as well. i recently just wet sanded and buffed some custom fender aprons i painted. the 3m stuff cleaned up the sand scratches really nicely, and quickly. so whats working for you guys?

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Try Meguiars ultimate compound and polish should be able to pick it up just about any parts store. Pretty easy to work with and does a great job.

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
neumerous fourms I have read, the guys swear by the Griots one step sealant, I'm doing it this weekend. they say its on par with chemical guys and other companies. I imagine CG other more expensive selant is better, but I'm fine with running Griots, they seem like a pride and proven company and it doesn't break the bank!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back